Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are you using for Carry Optics?

JGus

Has anyone been able to get a reflex sight to run more than 1,000 rounds without dying when slide mounted?

I shot open minor for a couple of years with this. ~90K rounds and changed the battery once. I now shoot 9 major with a different gun but my wife still uses this one. Never had to re-zero the sight. I have no plans to shoot CO (I like Open too much) but maybe I can talk the wife into doing CO.

post-56380-0-93676100-1453667212_thumb.j

post-56380-0-89698500-1453667266_thumb.j

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At SIG Range Day and Shot Show I got a chance to shoot and play with the SIG P320 RX which is the P320 model that is scheduled to start shopping in February or Match. At a head scratching $799 introductory MSRP the gun looks to be a great value since thats price includes the P320, the milled Romeo 1 MRDS, and the cowitnessed iron sights gets (night sights on think). The Romeo 1 looked good and seemed to work well during range day. The battery loads from the top and hit has auto shutoff after minutes without movement. The sight adjustments require no set screw and work on 1/2 MOA click adjustments. Right now it's a 3 MOA dot but the brightness settings can help to compensate. I am still working my contacts to see whether I can get a demo model before the official launch.

sHNaGCSh.jpg

Edited by alma

At SIG Range Day and Shot Show I got a chance to shoot and play with the SIG P320 RX which is the P320 model that is scheduled to start shopping in February or Match. At a head scratching $799 introductory MSRP the gun looks to be a great value since thats price includes the P320, the milled Romeo 1 MRDS, and the cowitnessed iron sights gets (night sights on think). sHNaGCSh.jpg

$800 and a few spare magazines and your into CO.... If that price is confirmed then it's a game changer for sure.

How would you rate the SIG optic, compared to RMR and Delta point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The glass looked good and it had a great range of brightness settings. I have been using a Deltapoint-pro for a short time and if I get a Romeo 1 soon I will do some side by side, but it honestly don't have enough time on either one to do a fair comparison. I am looking forward to the top load battery and having click adjustments, but obviously this dot still needs to prove it's durability. The Optics team say they have like 10k rounds of 10mm through one but I am anxious to see field tests back that up.

Any idea on the price for the Romeo 1 sight? I'd like to try one on my XDM... The click asjuatments are a big deal for me, the battery compartment is just a nice-to-have, the sight should not move when changing the battery anyway (which I only do once a year).

Edited by BritinUSA

Any idea on the price for the Romeo 1 sight? I'd like to try one on my XDM... The click asjuatments are a big deal for me, the battery compartment is just a nice-to-have, the sight should not move when changing the battery anyway (which I only do once a year).

From looking at Natchez and OpticsPlanet it looks like the street price will be $300 for the sight alone or $350 with the pistol mounting hardware that has a number of dovetail mounts.

I am not sure yet if the cut and screws holes are compatible with another dot or mounting plate but it know someone who I can ask.

At SIG Range Day and Shot Show I got a chance to shoot and play with the SIG P320 RX which is the P320 model that is scheduled to start shopping in February or Match. At a head scratching $799 introductory MSRP the gun looks to be a great value since thats price includes the P320, the milled Romeo 1 MRDS, and the cowitnessed iron sights gets (night sights on think). sHNaGCSh.jpg

$800 and a few spare magazines and your into CO.... If that price is confirmed then it's a game changer for sure.

That does look good.

Eric

Glock 34 MOS with Leupold DeltaPoint Pro

With the weight limit change from 35 oz up the 45 oz, looking at the CZ Shadow with the same optic. With a background in Open, the single action trigger appeal is one of the factors to be considered.

BC

I was working with S&W a few mouths ago on getting the M&P CORE performance center ported models on the Production list. I noticed today this was added to the S&W section of the Production list:

All ported models of approved guns are approved for use in Production and Carry Optics, as long as the barrel is not ported.

mailed Troy:

Does this cover the M&P CORE performance center ported models as being USPSA production / CO legal, provided the ported barrel is replaced? I know I asked S&W to certify them to you a few months ago just wondering if this good to go now as they (S&W) consider it a CORE.

His response:

Yes, the list specifies that ported models can be used, provided the barrel was not ported, and the CORE handguns are on the list. The performance center CORE models are approved.

The S&W ported models are now covered in the Production list the same way as the Glock "C" models have been in the past, provided that a non ported barrel is used.

Has anyone mounted a red dot on a P01? It seems to me that the short sight radius would not matter with a red dot and the gun is light enough with the compact aluminum frame to make the weight restriction.

I have. I use a Spring Precision mount but had the sides milled so they don't extend as far off the slide as they did. Before that when racking the slide the mount would dig into my finger and thumb. I use a Burris FFIII.

I use a Springer Precision carry slide racker on an M&P Ported. I do have a non-ported barrel. I believe I would need to take this racker off for Carry Optics. Correct?

Thanks!

I think you have to take the racker off.

I use a Springer Precision carry slide racker on an M&P Ported. I do have a non-ported barrel. I believe I would need to take this racker off for Carry Optics. Correct?

Thanks!

I think you have to take the racker off.

agree

Once a slide cut is done, I suppose you can't go back to Production any more. I have a Gen 3 G34 and I really like to try out CO without commitment. What are my options? Is a set of BUIS necessary? Would a tall front sight help you get the dot back on target quicker?

Once the slide is cut/milled for the rear optic, you are OK to go back to production with a filler plate (that is addressed in new rules), but you might need a semi-custom rear sight attached to that plate unless/until someone starts offering aftermarket rear sight plates. That's an area where the factory guns with optic plates are nice for back/forth flexibility.

However, if you do any of the 'other' things addressed for CO like forward serration cuts, then it can't come back to production

Edited by trgt