Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet weight?

S391

I've been using 124 grain bullets for several years since that is what worked best in my M&Ps... now that I'm running P320s I figure it might not hurt to ask what others are using. Is it worth looking at 147gr bullets?

Thanks.

I really like 147s in a 9mm. You can make 125 PF+ at 870 (soft recoiling) where the 124 has snappier recoil and needs almost supersonic velocity to reliably make a 125. Some like the faster recoil and perceived faster cycling... but at the same 125 PF the 147s are more reliable on dropping steel poppers. I also like the subsonic report of the 147s. A bit less fatiguing for me. YMMV

• 4 weeks later...

I've shot both 147s and 124/125s and for me the lighter bullets work the best. It seems to me 124/5s are the bullet the P320 was made to shoot. With a 14lb recoil spring it looks like the front sight barely leaves point of aim. It really does come down to personal preference though. A lot of folks really like the softer more rolling recoil 147s give. I prefer to have the pistol pop me in the hand a little harder and cycle faster. Try them both.

I shot a DeltaPoint equipped P320 today and when back and forth between a 147gr and a 124gr load. For CO It looks like I am sticking with the 124. It just seems to track better.

• 2 weeks later...