Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RESURGENCE TACTICAL 3-GUN 2016

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There may not be that much interest in this match, after all...

I wandered all over the SHOT Show and all the pretty girls in the Airsoft booths didn't seem very interested :devil:

I still tried to be polite and talk to them, though.......

ericm

1Chest rigs ok?

2What about pants specifically designed to carry rifle and pistol mags-i.e., Vertx Shooters pants. Not the kind that look like soccer moms tactical pants.

Shooting this match. Should be fun.

If it is designed for the carrying of magazines, and they are within the required specification for mag lengths.

You guys are catching on now ;)

Jimmy

Saw this match on FB,,, of all places,,, put in my App and my Check is in the MAIL!! Yes I'm one of those guys that read SOF, way back in the day. and SO wanted to shoot an SOF match,, but just coudn't do it,, SO YES,, I'm so happy to get the chance, to shoot this one..

I'm going through the equipment, the rules and this post,,,,,, and Hope my stuff fits, QUESTIONS,,,

M&P 10,, 308,,, it has a Griffin,, break,,,, Do I need to take it off or not,,

M2 I have a TRUGLO TITAN ADJUSTABLE CHOKE TUBE,,,,,,, and my Mag tube,, goes past the end of,, the choke and the barrel,,,, I guess I need to get it with in an inch of,, the end,, but,,, ,,,, can I have that,,, or not,,,,,,,,,

my XDM .45 5.25 in,,, should be ok,,

Looking forward to my Chance to shoot a SOF match,,, Thank you !!

but please,,, let me know so I can make changes,, NOW and test all my toys,, if needed,,, all my toys work,,, well now so I would like to keep them the same..

OK,,, just got home,, and was able to re read the ,,,, Rifle break,,, I'm good on that,

​My shotgun,,, barrel is 18.25 with the choke its, just under 21 inches,,?????? is the choke,,, going to make anyone,,, choke????

​and I have to get a tube that is 2 inches shorter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

​a yes,,,, looking through,, old gun stuff and or shopping for new parts,,, the fun,, the fun,,

Edited by M ammo

Please do NOT attempt to use periods (or, in your case, commas) to signify the dramatic pause.....

.....that is my domain :devil:

Your questions are all answered at: http://resurgence3gun.com/#sec-rules

.....and many are also answered here in this ridiculous 8 page tome. :roflol:

ericm

OK Ok,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.................. as I just re read. Not trying to read in. my shotgun barrel is 18.5 Inch, Well under the 22 Inch MAX.

Tharrr ya go matey!! Under 22", non ported, adequate to travel!!! (cool guy way of saying "good to go"!)

HAHA...what KurtM said...

All your firearms are within spec., just make sure the mag carriers will all work, and you are GTG

I know I ask the silly questions, But I'm very sure, I'm not the only one that has to, Modify perfectly good, operating gun, to shoot this match.

and other folks, will read this and know what they have to-do.

Yes I have a bunch of guns,, 4 good shotguns for 3 Gun yet I still have to make changes.

It is what it is.

Can't wait for this match,, I get two Christmases, RM3G and

RESURGENCE TACTICAL 3-GUN 2016!

Edited by M ammo

There were many thigh rigs used at the old matches.

You may use one....

I remember Mike Voight with his Safariland thigh holster and SVI all wrapped and taped up in bubble wrap plastic on a particularly dirty stage; apparently he was not going to "transition to handgun" if his rifle broke :devil:

This was always a standing rule option that you could transition to handgun if your long gun broke, and then continue on the best you could. The long gun had to be "broke" such that a simple clearance would not make it operational.

I never had to transition in the many years, nor did I ever witness this personally.

ericm

For those of us who grew up on Ninja Turtles instead of Buck Rogers, could someone hint as to how many shotgun shells it's generally considered helpful to be capable of having on or about one's person in this thread's context?

For those of us who grew up on Ninja Turtles instead of Buck Rogers, could someone hint as to how many shotgun shells it's generally considered helpful to be capable of having on or about one's person in this thread's context?

This game was never a loading contest, more of a mental game on awareness and weapon manipulation. Just remember where your slugs are at.

I never went out with more than 18 BS on my person, and that was with extra ammo included. But if it came down to it, and I needed more I could always look on the ground for some more.

Jimmy

This game was never a loading contest, more of a mental game on awareness and weapon manipulation. Just remember where your slugs are at.

I am happy to hear that - modern 3-Gun has become a loading contest with absurdly long magazine tubes and flimsy shotshell carriers. I am on the fence about whether to put iron sights on my Akdal vs. running my Versa Max Tactical... I really want to run the VM, but will only do so if I am confident the shotgun stages are about SHOOTING not LOADING.

I am happy to hear that - modern 3-Gun has become a loading contest with absurdly long magazine tubes and flimsy shotshell carriers. I am on the fence about whether to put iron sights on my Akdal vs. running my Versa Max Tactical... I really want to run the VM, but will only do so if I am confident the shotgun stages are about SHOOTING not LOADING.

Your last 3 words said it ! Of course there will be loading, but no where near anything like asking your friends to video you and see how fast you can do a static reload of 8...

It will be about the SHOOTING for sure!

I guarantee you will be loading in some awkward positions!

Jimmy

Edited by VNGunfighter

I dug out my old Uncle Mike's 12 ga shell belt and it has exactly 25 loops.

This was for an all-shotgun stage where you really "went to war"; it was worn above our normal pants belt (pistol, etc.).

We would leave a couple empty spots between buck and slugs.

We discovered Choate loaders early on, say '97 or so.......

For the longest time in 3-gun (SOF, SMM3G, local) I only owned 4 Choate 6-rd loaders.

ericm

Very cool guys, thanks. I imagine you guys are planning to knock all the shells off of things like quad load caddies by the time I get to where I should use them? I have 3 either choate or CCW 6 rd caddies and a bunch of MME 4 round caddies left over from the olden days, I just have to figure out how to get them on a belt.

What are the thoughts on major vs minor for pistol? PF is pretty high for major (180) at least for those of us used to 165 ;). What did the top finishers in the original match tend to do? I can shoot a plastic fantastic 9, an edge style .40 limited gun, or a 9 SV sightracker, and I haven't figured out which one (or ones) to bring yet.