Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prefered holster for limited

Pat B.

You can order the DAA with the insert you want (just specify the gun), and can get inserts separately if you want to use it with a different gun later. You can also get the holster without an insert if you want to set up a different rig and already have the insert.

The magnet is in the insert, and holds the slider that captures the trigger guard in either the full up or full down position. I find it to be an improvement over the original adjustable tension design.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the DAA Racemaster with the magnetic block. While running a shooter, the gun pops out of the holster even though the lock was engaged. Fortunately, it happened while I was not the shooter but it sucks to drop your expensive gun. I resorted to bagging the gun for the rest of the match.

The gun fits snug in the holster and it feels secure with no wobble. I did try a test at home to see if I can replicate it. I locked the gun in the holster and proceeded to jump around. Sure enough, the gun fell out.

I'm not sure what to do with this holster. I like it but I'm not confident at all that the gun would not fall out while simply moving around. Sure, I can stop RO'ing but I find it difficult to go thru my stage plans with my shooting hand trying to hold the gun in the holster. Bagging it between stages is an inconvenient option.

I did reach out to DAA but no response.

Getting a limcat sight tracker custom soon. Anybody have a limcat and use their stealth holster. Can't find any info on them other than couple of pics on sites that sell them. Can't tell if they work like a race master or what. Or if they even have a lock on them. If I go with daa race master holster which block works with the limcat grip. Anybody have one?

DAA Racemaster for me. I have the older tension screw model and its worked great. With the lock on you'll pull your pants off before that gun comes out, yet its quick to disengage while drawing if you choose to.