Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alternative 2011's

mont1120

I'm in a similar place, wanting a 2011 for fun but not really Limited right now. I'd love an Infinity but won't justify the cost, and don't want a stock STI.

MAC Arms (SPS?) makes a 2011 clone for under $1000. The Paras seem like an outstanding deal but I'm not sure how I like the balance or grip options.

Personally I'm leaning toward another 1911 for backup (and cost I guess, considering the rig/setup). Otherwise I might go with a custom build 2011.

SPS makes 2011's, but they are definitely over 1000. The Pantera that Pat posted above is more like 1400 (still cheaper than an STI). They do make Para clones though for about that much money though.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say that if certain wives, and not just one I'm very familiar with, would have a lot of our fellow shooters hides tacked to the wall if they knew how much us competition lunatics have shelled out.

my wife can get her own job if she doesn't like it.

This made me laugh out loud for real. True story!

I'm in a similar place, wanting a 2011 for fun but not really Limited right now. I'd love an Infinity but won't justify the cost, and don't want a stock STI.

MAC Arms (SPS?) makes a 2011 clone for under $1000. The Paras seem like an outstanding deal but I'm not sure how I like the balance or grip options.

Personally I'm leaning toward another 1911 for backup (and cost I guess, considering the rig/setup). Otherwise I might go with a custom build 2011.

SPS makes 2011's, but they are definitely over 1000. The Pantera that Pat posted above is more like 1400 (still cheaper than an STI). They do make Para clones though for about that much money though.

Gotcha. Yeah it was MAC I was thinking of. I actually saw one in my LGS last night! I couldn't believe they had one. It was decent, but the MAC is Para based (steel frame) and I think the SPS is modular like STI.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotcha. Yeah it was MAC I was thinking of. I actually saw one in my LGS last night! I couldn't believe they had one. It was decent, but the MAC is Para based (steel frame) and I think the SPS is modular like STI.

For what it's worth, I just got a used MAC 3011 in 40. My buddy was the previous owner and ran it from the factory with STI and Para magazines. Fit and finish is as good or better than almost every STI I have handled.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Ok a little late to chime in but here I go. Started shooting uspsa with a glock, found a real good deal on a cz shadow custom short dust cover. The shadow was amazing shot it in production and in limited minor the gun never missed a beat! Then I had surgery on my foot in April this year, I am still recovering so been doing a lot of sitting. Ended up trading my shadow for a glock gen 4 34 with about 1300$ worth of upgrades. Never even shot it and got an offer I couldnt refuse. A buddy offered me an sti 2011 long wide frame kit with a kart bushing barrel already fit, as well as a frw internal parts and an sti slide almost complete. Also included one 9mm 140mm mag. So I traded ended up spending $160 at shooters connection then another $60 at speed shooting (I think) and I ended up with an amazing 2011 that has run flawless the 1st time out. I am vy no means a gunsmith! But I took my time and bought good parts fit a few and WOW! is all I can say. Dont get me wrong my shadow was amazing and someday I will probably buy an accu shadow, but for now I am amazed. It is by far the most amazing gun I have ever used. The down side is the mags, the one that came with it is somewhat tuned, I have 2 more coming. As far as I'm concerned I think I got a pretty good deal of you can find a deal on one or you are handy with hand tools I would definitely suggest getting one! My 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The Pantera is a great looking gun. The issue I have is where it is made. I have two fellow shooters who purchased 2011 clones made in the Philippines, and neither one was worth the time or effort to get running in my opinion. Neither one would feed correctly, jammed over and over, and the fit was very average. Does anyone know which plants the Pantera and MAC's are made at?

I made have found a used STI 2011 in .45, but from what I've read, the count limit is a real deal breaker. Since I am at the age where I will never possess the skills to get above B level, what is the opinion of having to throw in an extra reload on a stage? Is that really such a disadvantage at my level?

The Pantera is a great looking gun. The issue I have is where it is made. I have two fellow shooters who purchased 2011 clones made in the Philippines, and neither one was worth the time or effort to get running in my opinion. Neither one would feed correctly, jammed over and over, and the fit was very average. Does anyone know which plants the Pantera and MAC's are made at?

I made have found a used STI 2011 in .45, but from what I've read, the count limit is a real deal breaker. Since I am at the age where I will never possess the skills to get above B level, what is the opinion of having to throw in an extra reload on a stage? Is that really such a disadvantage at my level?

SPS isn't made in the Phillipines like MAC and American Classic. It's made in Spain, just shares the same importer as them.

SPS isn't made in the Phillipines like MAC and American Classic. It's made in Spain, just shares the same importer as them.

That WAS the case...it is no longer. SPS brand is licensed to MAC in the Philippines and is built there.

That WAS the case...it is no longer. SPS brand is licensed to MAC in the Philippines and is built there.
I stand corrected.

Pat, who sells them and how much is the 9mm? I found some websites that have them around $1850 but on The Shooters Mindset they said it was $1180.

I'm also confused about the mags, do STI mags work?

I know that one of my sponsors Defender Outdoors sells them. Buds guns does too.

1180 to 1400 bucks,

The SPS mags are excellent and are fully interchangeable with STI / SV

Sweeeettt, anyone want to buy a Glock 34 package?