Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 USPSA Multigun Nationals

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea about this year, but the last couple years there was some kind of food truck, but next to nothing as far as gun related vendors. MGM, maybe--that was about it.

With the 1/2 day format, eat before you shoot in the afternoon and if you shoot in morning

eat after. Now Sunday by the time you shoot your last stage until scores are up,

you can drive into town and get lunch.

8 should be the only really long one. That's the bay they can go to 400ish?, but I think they will be a bit shorter based on the positions they have you shooting from. 9 and 11 should be right around 200. I think the most you can get out of either of those is 225ish, maybe a bit less.

That seems right. I will be getting the actual ranges when I walk stages though. While Pete does a pretty good job matching the build to the stage pictures there are always some changes that have to happen during the build.

Thanks. I just wanted to get a feeling for the stages, and this was helpful given that I don't know the bays. I had been wondering about the flashers for 3 and 5.

I am getting very stoked for this match. Almost 600 rounds makes for a pretty good couple of days away from the office!

Stages 3 and 5 are on pistol bays on the left side of the range as you pull in. They are big pistol bays though. I'd expect you're looking about 50-maybe 70 yards on those. He'll probably put them on the top of the berm at the back. Again, just guess work though. They definitely won't be much more.

It is unlikely that Desert Sportsmans will allow any competitor to use any bays other than those set aside for the match. If that changes I am sure they will let you know during registration. For now plan on only having a 50 yard bay available to check your zero on range 2, unless you know a member that can take you to another area of the range. If you need longer than that the next best option is to go the the Clark County range which goes to 200 yards. It should be open until 10pm on Thursday.

http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/parks/Pages/clark-county-shooting-park.aspx

It is unlikely that Desert Sportsmans will allow any competitor to use any bays other than those set aside for the match. If that changes I am sure they will let you know during registration. For now plan on only having a 50 yard bay available to check your zero on range 2, unless you know a member that can take you to another area of the range. If you need longer than that the next best option is to go the the Clark County range which goes to 200 yards. It should be open until 10pm on Thursday.

http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/parks/Pages/clark-county-shooting-park.aspx

Thanks. That's the range where SHOT stuff takes place, right? Do they have any targets placed or is it just BYO? (If you said they keep steel at 200yds I'd be very happy...)

Don't know how much SHOT show stuff goes on out at Clark. Last time I went they had target stands and backers, but no targets. Also no steel was allowed for general public use.

The other options are pro gun club and bolder city ranges. They don't have lights though.

The Clark range was used this year for the Sig demo day during SHOT. I talked to one of the guys and he said they were hoping to have steel out there permanently. But I don't know if that's happened or not yet. I believe that range has staff during the day so you could probably give them a call and get the full details.

I have not found any information indicating that there is a shot size limitation on birdshot for the match. Has anyone found information indicating otherwise?

Pretty sure the range limits it to 6 shot. There really doesn't look like a reason for anything bigger by looking at the stages.