Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

any bullet sales going on

chetc

getting ready tp order up some 9mm bullets, in case im not aware are there any sales going on at the moment, i see Acme is offering free shipping till nov 4th on 50.00 or more. anything else going on

Chet

Edited by chetc

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have 5$ off any 3 cases at the moment??

I did the math myself... ordering a case (4000 115g) bullets was cheapest price I found on 115g .355 bullets. Plated or jacketed. I didnt look at caoted or lead but I prefer to not shoot lead. Coated may be great but I've not tried them yet. I plan to for .40... That may have changed but it was when I ordered a month or so ago.

Edited by Open1215

I've never found any brand of coated, plated or FMJ bullets to beat the price on Precision Bullets. I use their 125gr 9mm with great results, better accuracy than the Extremes I've loaded and 0.3gr less powder to the same PF. If anyone knows of a better deal after taking a look at Precision Bullets, please post up. Gun runs as clean as FMJ with their coating. All prices include shipping.

I've never found any brand of coated, plated or FMJ bullets to beat the price on Precision Bullets. I use their 125gr 9mm with great results, better accuracy than the Extremes I've loaded and 0.3gr less powder to the same PF. If anyone knows of a better deal after taking a look at Precision Bullets, please post up. Gun runs as clean as FMJ with their coating. All prices include shipping.

http://www.precisionbullets.com/store/

They really are the ones to beat. Only downside at all is limited selection of bullet profiles.

Precision are moly coated instead of hitek and left my barrel a lot more dirty than the other coated brands. I've found that flated or jacketed load a lot easier for me so that's what I've switched to now.

Check out Rocky Mountain reloading good prices always free shipping.

They really are the ones to beat. Only downside at all is limited selection of bullet profiles.

yes you got that right, the bullet profile on the 9mm 147 is like the change BBI made to their latest 9mm 147 also, both have to be seated too deep in the case to clear the rifiling or lands, the bullet profile on the designs like the SNS, Bayou,, Acme are much better, dont have to seated as far in the case, less bulge in the case.

Chet

yes you got that right, the bullet profile on the 9mm 147 is like the change BBI made to their latest 9mm 147 also, both have to be seated too deep in the case to clear the rifiling or lands, the bullet profile on the designs like the SNS, Bayou,, Acme are much better, dont have to seated as far in the case, less bulge in the case.

Chet

Ah yes I can see that being an issue with 147gr where you would use up too much of the case capacity and end up with pressure issues. I shoot their 125gr and do have to load shorter than a standard RN to keep the bullet out of the lands. I had one M&P that was throated shorter and would jam the bullet into the lands on loads that would work fine in all my other guns, whereas that would never happen with a RN bullet.

So far like i might try the Acme 9mm coated 147 fp bullet, tough to beat at $81.00 shipped for 1000. going to wait a day or so, seems like some sales will pop up for the Holiday weekend

gonna be Spooky

Chet

SNS Casting has a 10% off code of "PPS10" for 10% off your order total....

This. I got 3100 of SNS' coated, no-lube-groove 147 grain flat nose bullets for just under $218 shipped. That gets you right at $0.07 a bullet.

Think Blue Bullets is offering a 5% discount code (triangle).

Im not trying to schill for SNS but if fast shipping means anything to you I would try them. I took advantage of this offer and placed an order late this morning for 9 different bullet sample packages and got a shipping confirmation about two hours later complete with tracking number. Somebody over there is on the ball.

Im not trying to schill for SNS but if fast shipping means anything to you I would try them. I took advantage of this offer and placed an order late this morning for 9 different bullet sample packages and got a shipping confirmation about two hours later complete with tracking number. Somebody over there is on the ball.

i have used the SNS bullets a bit myself, and have to say they are very prompt on their deliveries, and their 9mm 147 coated NLG bullet is excellent, both Jim and Ryan are on top of their game.

Chet

Edited by chetc