Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nitro Fin...Who uses them

coltlover

Punished, are you me? I have the same problem. I ended up just using a Dawson extended drilled and tapped release with a Wolff extra power spring.

I have a nitro find as well. Love the hell out of that thing. Great index point and helps me get the same grip every time.

Are you supposed to put the tip of your thumb on these things or jam it into the base of the thumb?

I have grip tape on my frame slightly forward of where coltlover has his, and that's where my thumb goes. I can't figure out how people are comfortably using these devices.

Are you supposed to put the tip of your thumb on these things or jam it into the base of the thumb?

I have grip tape on my frame slightly forward of where coltlover has his, and that's where my thumb goes. I can't figure out how people are comfortably using these devices.

Its all about hand size. I have a big palms and shorter fingers. My weakhand thumb natural lays where the rest is at.

I know people with larger hands would like the Go Gun thumbrest better.

Punished, are you me? I have the same problem. I ended up just using a Dawson extended drilled and tapped release with a Wolff extra power spring.

I have a nitro find as well. Love the hell out of that thing. Great index point and helps me get the same grip every time.

Could be! Definitely awesome for an index point. I have the dawson extended mag release now, with the button my hand applies just enough pressure to either cause a jam or the mag drops slightly and it wont feed. So I've found the extended release with no button attached works perfectly. My weakhand barely touches the release at this point, so I don't think Ill ever find something to mount on it and not cause problems. I'm always confused on how everyone shoots with extended buttons and doesn't have this problem. Specially the guys with larger hands.

I consider myself to have medium sized hands, when I grip the gun the nitrofin rests towards the rear of my thumb and I find it helps me drive the gun during recoil and gives me an awesome index point. I know this is not the proper way to shoot with a thumb rest as putting force on a *thumb rest [generic]* will cause you to push your shots, but I'm on target faster and have quicker splits with it. I honestly feel this one, $110 part completely changed how my 2011 handles. Because of how easy the install was and that I wanted something to sit back towards the web of my thumb I went with the nitro fin over drilling/mounting a more forward placed thumb rest.

I put one on my Para I had to do a very small amount of fitting. Wish I had done it long ago. Now I wish BladeTech would make a holster that would fit.

I called and asked them. They made me a wrs holster for an edge with one, for 4 gun. I had to wait a minute, but it got done.

I put one on my Para I had to do a very small amount of fitting. Wish I had done it long ago. Now I wish BladeTech would make a holster that would fit.

I called and asked them. They made me a wrs holster for an edge with one, for 4 gun. I had to wait a minute, but it got done.

This is where I'm stuck now as well. I have a safariland but now with the nitrofin it doesn't quite fit. I'm thinking of cutting a slot down the holster to make it work.

I have a nitro fin, used it on my Aperio, but don't use it any more.

The product works well and I like it; however, I was having problems with my grip on my ccw as I was becoming too reliant on the thumb rest.

Now I have one grip for both my competition gun and my ccw. I may use it again in the future as I do like the product.