Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting paper only at a match

Youngeyes

Interesting thread. I got complaints about TOO MUCH steel for BITB. Ricky always designs awesome stages, so I seriously doubt anybody will complain after they shoot them. If anybody is really concerned I can have our treasurer cut you a refund check.

So, we can get a refund AFTER we shoot the match? LOL!

Nope. You can get a refund now if the lack of steel is a concern. This offer expires tomorrow.
Indeed. Nobody is forcing anyone to shoot the match.

Come on Kevin, Andy was joking.

See the LOL? "So, we can get a refund AFTER we shoot the match? LOL!"

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting thread. I got complaints about TOO MUCH steel for BITB. Ricky always designs awesome stages, so I seriously doubt anybody will complain after they shoot them. If anybody is really concerned I can have our treasurer cut you a refund check.

I suppose you don't have to worry about the complaining unless your matches stop selling out.

I suppose you don't have to worry about the complaining unless your matches stop selling out.
Amen.

I've learned not to take complaints personal anymore. This is a volunteer sport, and I put up with enough crap at my real job. I would invite anybody to step up and run a large match or even local matches. Your views will change.

Kevin and Ricky both RO'd BITB for me, and NEITHER of them even shot the match. I listen to their opinions.

As far as no steel in the match.....Ricky has a great reputation for stage designs. There will be more than one way to shoot each stage.

I've learned not to take complaints personal anymore. This is a volunteer sport, and I put up with enough crap at my real job. I would invite anybody to step up and run a large match or even local matches. Your views will change.

Kevin and Ricky both RO'd BITB for me, and NEITHER of them even shot the match. I listen to their opinions.

As far as no steel in the match.....Ricky has a great reputation for stage designs. There will be more than one way to shoot each stage.

As the OP of this thread, I can assure you that my post was one of an honest request for information and not one of complaint. In spite of some posters who seem to have a need to criticize and posture, I look to experienced shooters and match organizers such as yourself to gain further insight into shooting. That's what these Forums are for. The rest is just hot air. The last Battle was an exceptional time. I look forward to future matches and seeing AT and all the rest of the gang. Paper or steel or both.

Admiral Nimitz, only 7 videos???

Admiral Nimitz, only 7 videos???

I know, since I'm shooting Steel Challenge only now the videos are not very interesting, except that at the end of a run you hear the RO call out a time that keeps getting lower & lower ... :)

I'll bring my camera to tomorrow's match & see if I can con someone into taking some video ....

• 1 month later...

If you have a snappy RO who's good with an overlay it is faster. simply because if the overlay shows one and the shooter still argues, pull the paper and wait for the RM and everyone else is still shooting