Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 / Shadow Barrel Slug Results

ES13Raven

0.3556 on two of the three sets of lands 0.3553 on the last set. This was a shadow.

Is this larger than most 9 mm barrels? I am getting extreme leading in my Shadows with coated bullets measuring .3555 in diameter. Did not have this issue in Glocks.

0.3556 on two of the three sets of lands 0.3553 on the last set. This was a shadow.

Is this larger than most 9 mm barrels? I am getting extreme leading in my Shadows with coated bullets measuring .3555 in diameter. Did not have this issue in Glocks.

Over crimping them?

Over crimping them?
Nope, lots of flare and light crimp. Pulled bullets from finished rounds, no diameter changes, no deformation. I know two other shooters shooting exact same lot of bullets (group buy) out of Shadows, total of 7 guns, with same results.

What powder, bullet, OAL? I've been fortunate none of the ones I've tried have leaded. Bayou, ACME or Lucky13 have all performed very well. My preference is towards the Bayous in either 135 or 147. No major observational differences shooting 0.356 or 0.357.

I used to run a casting company. I used a 7/3 to make I harder. Sacrificing some weight off what the mold stated. I didn't coat them, but

Anything over 1000 got soft. The coatings I'm told help, but that's my experience.

I don't run costed in USPSA guns. I run pure lead in my bullseye loads. But they are under 700fps

• 1 month later...

Almost every CZ75 9mm barrel I have slugged came in at .357 with the exception of one that just barely came in at .358. That explained why his barrel leaded with .356 sized bullets and the others did not.

I will be ordering some .358 sized bullets from Dardas in the next few months.

Edited by himurax13