Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unicorns are back at Zero Bullets

rdinga

Sorry, guess it's just me, but for the life of me, I can't imagine anyone sitting around

waiting for a company to produce bullets once a year, esp when there's so many

alternatives nowadays. :sight: :sight:

Yep. I never have and never will shoot ZEROS. Even when reloading supplies were plenty ZEROS were rarely available. Like you say Jack, there are plenty of great options out there. And they somehow manage to keep them in stock!

Sorry, guess it's just me, but for the life of me, I can't imagine anyone sitting around

waiting for a company to produce bullets once a year, esp when there's so many

alternatives nowadays. :sight: :sight:

Yep. I never have and never will shoot ZEROS. Even when reloading supplies were plenty ZEROS were rarely available. Like you say Jack, there are plenty of great options out there. And they somehow manage to keep them in stock!

+1 on both replies above.

The nickname "unicorn" is fitting given that the mythical animal doesn't exist.

When i first started reloading i used Zeros. When they started going out of stock and not shpping anything while everyone else was, they lost me as a customer for life. I still think they make a good product, but if i can't get them when i need them, I'm going with another product.

When i first started reloading i used Zeros. When they started going out of stock and not shpping anything while everyone else was, they lost me as a customer for life. I still think they make a good product, but if i can't get them when i need them, I'm going with another product.

I'm with ya there. Especially all the good reviews I'm seeing about the stuff from Blue bullets, I think when it comes time to order again I'm gonna give them a try.

Black Bullets, Blue Bullets, and Bayou Bullets all appear to be using the same 180 gn mold. I have no experience with Bayou. I personally prefer Black at this point. The coating on the BBI's is very uniform, and sleek. The Blue Bullets look like they are hand dipped ( not saying they are, just what my impression is). If you rub the Blue and Black against a piece of white paper, you'll see the coating on the Blue is more apt to come off. I've shot the Blue and it has performed well, I just prefer the Black.

• 2 weeks later...

If you stock up on primers, or powder, and like Zero's, what is wrong with stocking up on bullets when they are available?

Bullets are 10 cents each more or less. Easy to have 50k primers but not so for bullets

If you stock up on primers, or powder, and like Zero's, what is wrong with stocking up on bullets when they are available?

Bullets are 10 cents each more or less. Easy to have 50k primers but not so for bullets

^^ This. Plus, like i said earlier, it's one thing to be out at a given moment, but when everyone else is in stock, and you're not, I'm not going to wait for your product unless it's something i cannot live without. Plenty of bullet manufacturers out there. I did a lot of testing of various manufacturers, and chose to go with one that has a good quality product, has good prices, and has available stock. ( FWIW.....BBI )

Yes, hand cast with range scrap lead using a Lee .40 S&W 175 grain mold then powder coated in a $15.00 thrift store toaster oven. It takes 30 seconds to coat the boolits and 20 minutes to bake. A pound of powder is $17.50 and will coat 10s of thousands of bullets.

• 4 weeks later...

I just recently noticed Roze had Zero 147gr JHP in stock [again?]. I've never used them, but figured I'd order some and try them. I've shot plenty of their .45acp (230gr FMJ/JHP and 185gr JHP). In my opinion/experience, Zeros are like getting Montana Gold quality at sub-Precision Delta pricing.

The rebated base on these is something I haven't seen before.

I just recently noticed Roze had Zero 147gr JHP in stock [again?]. I've never used them, but figured I'd order some and try them. I've shot plenty of their .45acp (230gr FMJ/JHP and 185gr JHP). In my opinion/experience, Zeros are like getting Montana Gold quality at sub-Precision Delta pricing.

How do you figure? The price of 147 JHP at Roze are $109.60 per 1,000 or $104.90 per 1,000 (if you buy 2,000 or more but that quantity isn't even available) while 147 FMJ at PD are $104.00 per 1,000 (if you buy 2,000 or more).

How do you figure? The price of 147 JHP at Roze are $109.60 per 1,000 or $104.90 per 1,000 (if you buy 2,000 or more but that quantity isn't even available) while 147 FMJ at PD are $104.00 per 1,000 (if you buy 2,000 or more).

I'm used to shopping the .45 bullets, and I see prices have fluctuated a bit. Though PD doesn't offer 147gr or 230gr JHP (and if they did, they'd likely cost more than the FMJ). Roze had the 147JHP available at the 2k price when I ordered mine. In my experience, if you order 2 or 3 of the 3 available at the 1k price, they'll give you the 2k price. I don't know what it is about their web site that it says they have 3 available at the 1k price, and 0 at the 2k price...but I've run into that before. Still, I think everyone is cheaper than MG...and I can't say anything bad about their bullets other than the pricing. PD, I've had QC issues with in the past and was not impressed with their handling of my complaint. But when you produce a product that literally flies off the shelf as fast as you can produce it, customer service doesn't really matter.

I'm used to shopping the .45 bullets, and I see prices have fluctuated a bit. Though PD doesn't offer 147gr or 230gr JHP (and if they did, they'd likely cost more than the FMJ). Roze had the 147JHP available at the 2k price when I ordered mine. In my experience, if you order 2 or 3 of the 3 available at the 1k price, they'll give you the 2k price. I don't know what it is about their web site that it says they have 3 available at the 1k price, and 0 at the 2k price...but I've run into that before. Still, I think everyone is cheaper than MG...and I can't say anything bad about their bullets other than the pricing. PD, I've had QC issues with in the past and was not impressed with their handling of my complaint. But when you produce a product that literally flies off the shelf as fast as you can produce it, customer service doesn't really matter.

Gotcha. I hadn't heard of any QC issues on PD, I haven't had any issue with them, for the money they are my favorite (124g JHP). Can you provide more information on the issue(s) you experienced?

I thought the same thing on the quantity options on Roze's site. I'd like to try the Zero 147g JHP, if they offer the 2k+ option again, I'll buy some.

Edited by RDA