Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA SCORING

Onepocket

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the blend of forcing accuracy and not just speed, as well as penalizing errant shots, there's some voodoo about it sometimes where the best shooter(or the one who shot best) is sometimes not reflected. Maybe it's just me?

Speed would count more if there was only a minor power floor, but the system is an illusive blend of power (by points awarded), accuracy and speed. But as I like to say, DVC, but mostly C....

No use to worrying about the scoring, USPSA will not change it.

This is in theory only. 9x45 I'm not worried just

Curious on people's thoughts on the subject. Punish people for missing more, mikes -30. Make

No shoots count more also. So you can shoot as fast as you want, missing will just be more painful.

I think the system works pretty good. HF is just points scored per second, so of course speed counts. Then whoever shoots that particular stage the best (speed and points both considered) earns more points.

Misses and no shoots count plenty in my opinion. If you don't think so then find a shooter that is very close to your skill level. The guy you go back and forth with every match. I would wager the one with more misses and no shoots looses, regardless of time.

I think one major key to accepting the scoring is knowing exactly who you are competing with. If you are a B shooter that shoots clean but a M shooter has one miss and beats you for the match, then he is just better. His other stages were probably much much better.

Trust me Pat I sure don't want time plus scoring system. That's just plan sucks. Angry five-o your not a cop anymore so why are you still angry. I agree the better shooter will still come out ahead most of the time. I like to experiment at some matches and see if I shoot crazy fast dropping a ton of points how it turns out. I have learned a lot doing this! So would the highest hit factor for the match winning be the same as time plus scoring to y'all.

Are you a Vogel lover and this thread is because he didn't win nats. but could have with a match hit factor instead of a stage hit factor? Most people here like the scoring system in USPSA, if they didn't they would shoot IDPA. That may be the game you are looking for.

Up your meds RJH this thread was a question. I didn't say I didn't like it. IDPA has so many rules and I'm not smart enough to remember them all. Some of you people can't talk about something without being angry about it. I like all the shooters about the same, not knowing any of them. But thanks anyway for your off subject comments.

Come on, not so harsh.

It's a valid discussion. I shoot ICORE as well, a different scoring system does change how you shoot the game. Time plus is a marathon, USPSA is a series of sprints. The sprints are a lot more fun to shoot.

Onepocket, you said "I think speed counts way too much." That sounds to me like you don't like the scoring. Then you mentioned the match hit factor thing and it wasn't a big leap that I made. So I offered the suggestion of IDPA, which generally rewards accuracy over speed, I thought you would like it. I also don't know any of the big name shooters so we are in the same boat there. I always wonder why people are always wanting to change games that they play, as long as you know the rules/scoring and it is applied evenly , then play to win that game and have fun.

Just answering the question that was asked?

Yes, I like the scoring system, I think it makes sense. It's a fair blend of speed and accuracy, and I think most of the time (I can't think of an example of when it does not, but I'll admit it could be out there.) it get's it right.

I liked the old single stack society scoring system. wish the WSSC would go back to it.

the B zone was for possible ties. the person with more B's would settle the tie, I believe was the original intent. I'll do a little searching to try and find where I had read about it. I wish they would just make the head all A zone

Edited by JohnRodriguez

Speed would count more if there was only a minor power floor, but the system is an illusive blend of power (by points awarded), accuracy and speed. But as I like to say, DVC, but mostly C....

Really?

I would say the opposite. Speed would count more if there was only major.

I liked the old single stack society scoring system. wish the WSSC would go back to it.

the B zone was for possible ties. the person with more B's would settle the tie, I believe was the original intent. I'll do a little searching to try and find where I had read about it. I wish they would just make the head all A zone

Has there ever been a tie for the overall match in the history of USPSA? It just doesn't seem plausible when scoring goes out 4 decimal places.

I agree that the B zone is pointless. I think it should be worth 4 points in minor scoring.