Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optic P09

knedrgr

The decocker spring in the P-07/P-07 does not affect either of the two trigger pulls. The trigger pull is the same (subject to mfg variations) regardless of whether you have the decocker or the safety installed.

And for whoever asked, yep, they are production legal configured either way.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the idea, but per the rules the hammer must be "fully decocked" at the start signal.

The CZ mil price is pretty awesome, so I'll be ordering one here shortly. I'm still not sure what sight I want. I know it won't be an RMR (cost) or an RTS (too many horror stories).

The decocker spring in the P-07/P-07 does not affect either of the two trigger pulls. The trigger pull is the same (subject to mfg variations) regardless of whether you have the decocker or the safety installed.

And for whoever asked, yep, they are production legal configured either way.

So using the deckocker doesn't stop the hammer at the half cock notch? This is what would give you an advantage.

I like the idea, but per the rules the hammer must be "fully decocked" at the start signal.

The CZ mil price is pretty awesome, so I'll be ordering one here shortly. I'm still not sure what sight I want. I know it won't be an RMR (cost) or an RTS (too many horror stories).

Where do you buy your mil priced czs at?

Using the decocker and the hammer going to half cocked postion is considered fully decocked. Its the same rule for production.

“Double action” –chamber loaded, hammer fully down or de-cocked.
Edited by brisix

I believe trigger pull is a bit higher with a decocker, but otherwise yes as Alma said it would be an advantage for that first shot

I'd originally started out with the decocker, but have switched to the safety. On two occasions, I'd accidentally decocked the hammer, in a middle of the stage.

There are plenty of SP01 shooters that have safely manually decocked their guns while making ready.

As with the decocker mechanism, I don't see how the spring would add weight to the trigger pull.

Does the decocker take the hammer to a half cock position? If so then it see or as an advantage on the first shot.

Yes it does. I see a decocker as a liability tho. It's Murphy waiting to happen. Too easy to bump during a stage. Not good if you have a tight shot with a NS and all of a sudden you have an unexpected DA

Is the decocker on the P-09 ambi? The description at CZC says '...the P-09 is shipped with decockers installed but can easily be converted to a manual safety with the supplied parts and instructions.' Being sinister, I prefer a gun with ambi safeties or decockers.

Where do you buy your mil priced czs at?

Direct from CZ. Send them an email asking about their military program. Let me know if they don't respond and I'll send you some info.

Is the decocker on the P-09 ambi? The description at CZC says '...the P-09 is shipped with decockers installed but can easily be converted to a manual safety with the supplied parts and instructions.' Being sinister, I prefer a gun with ambi safeties or decockers.

Yes

The listed weight on a CZ 75 is 34.3 oz so milling the slide and some choice diet parts might get it under 35 oz limit. The aluminum framed compacts would be able to make weight most likely.

The listed weight on a CZ 75 is 34.3 oz so milling the slide and some choice diet parts might get it under 35 oz limit. The aluminum framed compacts would be able to make weight most likely.

Milling the slide for the optic and Scale grips gets it under weight

My CZ 85B with aluminum grips, comp sights and comp hammer with a MecGar mag was 37oz and 36.4 with an old oem 10 rd mag. That's damn close to making weight without trying. Someone really needs to weight their slide before and after doing the melt job. Then we need a list of red dot weights.

I'm seriously thinking about buying compact, metal CZ for CO. I think it's going to be so cute watching guys walk around with 'carry' guns in Boss holsters. :)

P.S. Amidon made a point of saying in my circa 2012 RO class how he thought the CZ decocker was cool because it didn't drop the hammer all the way down.

Edited by blind bat

I was just drooling over the CZC website and notice there is a P09 "Duty" version available with an extended threaded barrel. I wonder how much more weight the extended barrel would add. 34.5oz w/ a red dot, suppressor ready would be bad ass.

Well, CZ won't send me a p-09 because of this stupid 15rnd magazine law in CO and I can't find any locally. Anybody want to sell me one without mags? I think it's either that or wait for some x-cal's to start showing up...although I'd rather have a p-09...

Well, CZ won't send me a p-09 because of this stupid 15rnd magazine law in CO and I can't find any locally. Anybody want to sell me one without mags? I think it's either that or wait for some x-cal's to start showing up...although I'd rather have a p-09...

Give David at Cajun Gunworks a call.

Using the decocker and the hammer going to half cocked postion is considered fully decocked. Its the same rule for production.

“Double action” –chamber loaded, hammer fully down or de-cocked.

Direct from USPSA website under DNROI Rulings:

Decockers at half cock

Created:
3/06/08
Updated:
6/02/14
Effective:
6/02/14
Rule Number:
Appx D4 Spec
Applies to:
Pistol
Ruling Authority:
John Amidon
Released

Question:
Does the CZ decocker or others similar, lower the hammer sufficiently to comply with Production division, and if not, how would they comply with the wording in 10.5.9 without being DQ'd?
Answer:
Manufacturers have installed decockers to take the hammer safely to a position that is deemed safe, therefore; the term fully decocked is the position that the hammer rest at once the decocker has been used. Altering a factory installed decocker to bring the hammer to rest at less than a half cocked position is not allowed.

Here are some optic weights that come from manufacture websites.

Vortex Venom 1.1 oz

Leupold Delta Point 0.6 oz Sight window: 26mm x 19mm

RMR 1.2 oz

JPoint 0.5 oz Sight Window: 21.6mm x 15.4mm

Burris Fastfire 3 0.9 oz Sight window: 21x15 mm

Good stuff. What kind of dovetail mount does the Burris use?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I just got back from a great range session with my P09 and have been eyeballing CZ Custom's slide milling service. Now that I'm learning the CZ triggers I have a feeling I'll be running all hammer guns in USPSA now (a tuned Edge, an SP-01, and my P09).

I've been thinking it was just a good range toy to complement my striker guns but I am now giving serious consideration to joining the ProdOptics ranks. 2016 could be a very interesting year.

I just wish they'd relax on the magwell rules only because I LOVE the CZ Custom magwell. Oh well... cant have it all.

Now I just need to settle on an optic.