Carry Optic P09

knedrgr

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice. Is that the springer precision mount? I just put that and a FF3 on my P09 and sighted it in this past weekend. Very sweet setup and so dang accurate.

Yes it is. I'm digging it this far.

I notice you both still have your front sights still in the slide, is there a reason for that? Does it co-witness? Just a back up for a ball park aiming method if your sight goes out?

I personally like front sights only on my red dot pistols only to help acquire the dot.

Knedrgr probably left his just for looks if I had to guess, as those dovetail mounts put the red dot far too high for the front sight to be seen through the window without suppressor height sights.

Edited by bruceg

I notice you both still have your front sights still in the slide, is there a reason for that? Does it co-witness? Just a back up for a ball park aiming method if your sight goes out?

If kept the FS on just because I didnt want to swap it back to the factory black. LOL. Plus, the dovetail adapter causes the RDS to perch too tall for a co-witness. And lastly, I wouldn't want to be seeing two read dots thru my RDS's window. And if the RDS goes out, so be it. I'm only doing local matches.

Does the P-09 make weight?

It should make weight. I'm going to weight mine tomorrow, when I can grab a scale from work.

Given the CO weight limite of 35oz, my gun should be slightly under it. USPSA has the P09 listed as 31oz, the Burris FF3 is listed as 1.5oz with a picatinny rail plate adapter, which will be very close to the dovetail adapter. Don't know if that includes the battery or if Burris had it weighted empty. Either way, with the rear sight removed, it could take place of the battery's weight. Even with the 33oz initial weight rumor, it was going to skirt just by it.

Now that weight is confirmed I predict the P-09 is the new gamer gun for CO. I will love to see how Glock, S&W and XDm are going to react when they realize CZ will dominate the division designed for them. :roflol:

31.3oz here. This is with a front sight and stainless guide rod. Pic quality sucks. Also, ignore the powder stuff you see. That scale is at a friend of mine's shop. It's a state certified scale for accuracy to weigh fire extinguishers. So this weight is 100% accurate.

0nwatT1.png?1

Edited by bruceg

31.3oz here. This is with a front sight and stainless guide rod. Pic quality sucks. Also, ignore the powder stuff you see. That scale is at a friend of mine's shop. It's a state certified scale for accuracy to weigh fire extinguishers. So this weight is 100% accurate.

0nwatT1.png?1

But is that P09 with the milled slide?

*peeking out of my cave* why is the p09 going to dominate? Will an all metal pistol be too heavy for the division? I am going to have my slide milled for a red dot but I am doing this more for a pistol I can shoot (can't see worth a darn...).

Edited by dr2e