Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 Safties

leemoe83

What are the Production legal options for Stock 2 safeties? EAA sells an ambi witness extended, ambi standard witness, and a left side only extended. I assume the Stock 2 has the extended ambi safeties, how much smaller are the standard witness safeties? And is the left side only extended safety the same size as the ambi extended? I am looking for the smallest legal safety.

As long as the safety you want to use comes on another gun from the production gun list and it fits your gun, you're good to go. I use one of the oversized extended safeties from the Limited/Limited Pro on my Stock II.

I know what the Production rules are. What I don't know is what are the safeties offered by Tanfoglio for their Production legal pistols. Essentially I don't know shit about Tanfo. I have big hands, I bought a Stock 2 as a toy to check out, I need to upgrade it, and I wouldn't mind smaller safeties. Currently shooting CZ's but they are to small in the grip size using the rubber grips.

The stock II safeties are pretty minimal, like engineereli mentioned, I have the oversized safeties which are huge, like bigger than the oversized safeties I have on my 1911s. IIRC, there's not anything smaller than the stock safeties, only bigger. Could try the stock III safeties, they look smaller.

Stock 3 safeties are the same so don't waste money on that. The stock2/3 safeties are called 'extended'. The super large are called 'custom'. I believe there is a smaller set called standard but off the top of my head I'm not sure which model they come on. Maybe xl2 or xl4? Match?

Stock 3 safeties are the same so don't waste money on that. The stock2/3 safeties are called 'extended'. The super large are called 'custom'. I believe there is a smaller set called standard but off the top of my head I'm not sure which model they come on. Maybe xl2 or xl4? Match?

Thanks beerbaron, don't have either of them in front of me so I couldn't remember. I don't remember safeties being so large that they got in the way like cz large safeties did though.

• 2 weeks later...

Found somebody who had the standard witness safeties installed on their Stock 2. There is a significant difference compared to the extended. The standard witness safeties are similar to the standard SP01 safeties.

many guys like the smaller safeties since you are less likely to engage them while shooting, while others like the wide safeties since you can ride your thumb on them while shooting.

Edited by Adam B

• 3 weeks later...

The single Witness safety is what I run.

The Witness and Stock II's safeties are too low in the gun for me to rest my thumb on. I grab REALLY high on the gun, so the meat at the base of my left thumb actually pushes up the safety.

• 3 months later...

Hey, it has come to my attention that the ambi custom safetys while legal being offered on the Lim Pro, are in some cases too wide to fit in the box. If anyone ends up getting hold of the ambi regular witness safety and only wants it on the left side, I would be VERY interested in the right hand paddle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have replaced my Stock 2 safety with the smaller single sided safety, yet I'm still having problems inadvertently activating it with my support hand. Does anybody have some recommendations on how to modify the frame or safety to make it harder to put on safe? It needs to work, but I'd like to make it very hard to activate.

I have replaced my Stock 2 safety with the smaller single sided safety, yet I'm still having problems inadvertently activating it with my support hand. Does anybody have some recommendations on how to modify the frame or safety to make it harder to put on safe? It needs to work, but I'd like to make it very hard to activate.

I grip it high and ride the safety. Can't activate it when it's being pushed down.