Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buying a G17 for L.E. Duty

JamisonMcCollister

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 on the minus connector and sights.

Take a look at the new sights Frank Proctor has. They are very low to the pistol. I have only tested them out to 25 yds. on a G34 & G19 and with my 124 reloads they shot point of aim = point of impact.

http://www.wayofthegun.us/proctor-y-notch-sight-set-for-small-frame-glock-pistols/

Texas Rangers Kick Ash! But OP, I think your department armorer has to approve all modifications, and you still have to qualify, right? At least down here we do. So, better sights, Dawson Precision/Taran Tactical/Heines, G21 mag release, 3.5lb connector, magwell for grip, weapon mounted light, and grip tape, I like Talons, oh, and if you have any $$$ left, take shooting lessons from a local USPSA Grand Master. Do not recommend extended slide stops, too easy to bump,

Have any of you used the Tarzan tactical sights?? I've used the sevigny sights in the past. I very much like them. Just thinking of something new.

I unfortunately can't use an extended slid stop on the glock. It sticks out and I tend to bump them up.

And ranger that's a sick glock. Not sure I need it that extreme. My departments is super laid back and really doesn't care what I do. I was told I can carry anything I want.

I almost hit the ground Bahahaha.

Any suggestions on guide rod and recoil springs??

Have any of you used the Tarzan tactical sights?? I've used the sevigny sights in the past. I very much like them. Just thinking of something new.

I unfortunately can't use an extended slid stop on the glock. It sticks out and I tend to bump them up.

And ranger that's a sick glock. Not sure I need it that extreme. My departments is super laid back and really doesn't care what I do. I was told I can carry anything I want.

I almost hit the ground Bahahaha.

Any suggestions on guide rod and recoil springs??

Not Tarzan! Taran! Not Jungle Boy,

Tarzan

Tarzan.jpeg

Taran

Taran_thumb.jpg

Edited by 9x45

I would be careful with trigger pull weight. You really want some resistance in there for the "clinch" situations. You want it smooth but not too light, normally a good range is 4-5 lbs but make sure to practice with it religiously. I would also get a good set of night sights. I can remember many of very low light searches and situations where they really help your bearing. Look at the TFO sights, they are fiber optic for day use and tritium for night/low light use. Whatever you do with it, don't make the mistake that most LEO's do and just holster it until it's time for qualifications. Take it out and practice, dryfire, do routine maintenance and cleaning, etc. Good luck and stay safe!

It's the baddest Glock in the park...22+1 rounds of 9mm

Thats sick, are the rail cuts custom or aftermarket slide?

edit: think i answered my own question looking closer at the pic but i cant make out the manufacturer...?

Edited by josh2600