Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEVER OWNED A CZ .....

bowenbuilt

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an sp01 shadow, the long slide CTS and a regular 75(non shadow) they all feel different.

Depends on what game.

If I shot all NRA action long slide allows more precise shot placement at 50 yards.

All short fast field courses. Close targets sp01 shadow.

A lot of transition swings. Standard shadow.

I would get an sp-01 shadow custom from cz custom. Plenty of places have them in stock right now so no wait time. All the work is done already and resale is much easier and higher based on the fact that it's cz custom and not bubba smithed by someone at home.

So yea, about 4-450 more than a stock sp-01 shadow but worth it imo.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard that the cz75 shadow was idpa ssp legal but the sp01 shadow was not due to the full dust cover. If you plan on shooting idpa and uspsa that may make a difference if this is true.

SP01 SHADOW
Features
  • Trigger mech. SA/DA (Much Better trigger then Standard CZ 75 SP01)
  • Sights. Fiber Optic Front Fixed Rear
  • Safety elements. Manual Safety, Safety Stop on Hammer
  • Extended Magazine Release
  • CZ 85 Combat Trigger with Over travel Adjustment
*Where allowed by State Law

"USPSA APPROVED FOR PRODUCTION DIVISION"

Edited by bowenbuilt

Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard that the cz75 shadow was idpa ssp legal but the sp01 shadow was not due to the full dust cover. If you plan on shooting idpa and uspsa that may make a difference if this is true.

You're wrong. The full dust cover is not a disqualifying feature in IDPA SSP. A factory (not CZ Custom) SP-01 Shadow is 100% IDPA SSP legal.

What makes most CZ Custom pistols not IDPA SSP compliant is the slide milling for aftermarket sights. You can certainly use aftermarket sights in IDPA SSP, but they must fit in the factory dovetails.

You're wrong. The full dust cover is not a disqualifying feature in IDPA SSP. A factory (not CZ Custom) SP-01 Shadow is 100% IDPA SSP legal.

What makes most CZ Custom pistols not IDPA SSP compliant is the slide milling for aftermarket sights. You can certainly use aftermarket sights in IDPA SSP, but they must fit in the factory dovetails.

Thank you for the explanation I'm glad I asked since I have an sp01 shadow, I currently only shoot uspsa but may shoot a idpa match sometime and wasn't sure if I'd have to shoot esp.

I only shoot a limited schedule because of work in USPSA until I retire very soon. I made sure they were legal before deciding to order. CZ is like a huge menu in a very good restaurant. Too many choices! I decided to buy once and cry once and get it over with. I need to have all or most of my toys together so I can finally enjoy them in my off time which will be ALL the time soon and I cannot wait.

Thank you for the explanation I'm glad I asked since I have an sp01 shadow, I currently only shoot uspsa but may shoot a idpa match sometime and wasn't sure if I'd have to shoot esp.

Full dust covers are not allowed in ESP unless you are using an SSP legal pistol in ESP.

Is your SP-01 Shadow a factory gun or one of the CZ Custom-built models?

Full dust covers are not allowed in ESP unless you are using an SSP legal pistol in ESP.

mine is factory stock but ordered off of CZC website, number 91154 I believe.

mine is factory stock but ordered off of CZC website, number 91154 I believe.

Then you are good to go for IDPA SSP, IDPA ESP, and USPSA Production

Patiently waiting....checking the USPS updates every 3 hours.....I will have to say that Stuart must have thrown that gun out the window when the Mail Man rode by. That is the quickest gun purchase I have ever seen! I am still waiting for the CZ 75 Shadow to give a tracking number from another vendor, CZ Custom took 25 whole minutes to send it to me. CZC is faster than a Jimmy John Sandwich!

Edited by bowenbuilt

Patiently waiting....checking the USPS updates every 3 hours.....I will have to say that Stuart must have thrown that gun out the window when the Mail Man rode by. That is the quickest gun purchase I have ever seen! I am still waiting for the CZ 75 Shadow to give a tracking number from another vendor, CZ Custom took 25 whole minutes to send it to me. CZC is faster than a Jimmy John Sandwich!

You are absolutely going to love that new Shadow....

• av-21671.png?_r=0

Posted Yesterday, 12:22 PM

Congrats! I did the same thing not to long ago only that I went with the CZ-75 CTS LS-P instead and the only reason I did that was the "new" thing out there :)

As soon as I get over the monetary devastation of these 2 I am sure that one will be next. Who ever has the most when they die wins....Right?

I picked up my new Shadow today, brought it home and ran 500 rounds through it. I only have one complaint, the front FO sight is too wide for the rear sight notch. My Wife has found her new favorite gun also so there will be another purchase very soon. I am going to do the reach mod for the double action trigger, trade out the front sight and change the springs and call it good. This is an outstanding gun but you all already knew that.

Reach reduction mod is an illegal upgrade in USPSA Production since it changes the external appearance of the pistol in battery. The only way to legally reduce the reach on the DA pull is to get an SP-01 Tactical that allows you to start at the half cocked position. This reduces the reach by 20% and ~1lbs on the trigger pull with the 13lbs hammer spring.

Edited by brisix