Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 Front Sight

Malarkey

Because it's an extra, I already have Dawson's on mine and I like the smaller front sight width. I'll prolly switch when I hit 40 and the dreaded eye buffoonery starts taking place.

Ill take it off your hands for you :)

The only thing that I don't like about the Dawson is that it's too tall. The OEM sight is 0.140" tall. The shortest Dawson is 0.160", so that makes you have to jack up the rear sight to zero it. That's why so many Stock IIs have the rear sight sticking up in the air. I've asked for a 0.140" X 0.100 sight. We'll see if they make it.....

I run a Dawson .120T x .100W, Rear sight doesn't stick up now.

This is so true... If you want the rear sight to be nice and low at the back...

i used the .160 but the rear sits high...i later changed it to this .120T

I like the EG front sights, the 2.5mm wide to be exact. I don't remember exactly what height I ordered but prolly the taller as my rear sight does sit high but the gun is still dead on accurate. My first Stock II had a Dawson and it fell off on me twice even with Loctite so I went with EG and will stick with them for any future Tanfos I may get down the road, lol

• 1 month later...

I have a Stock II Xtreme with the Eric 5.25mm (replaced the 5.5 with 5.25) Tall front sight, and at 25 meters it still prints low center. So I have to crank up the rear sight a lot. I'm not sure if it's the gun or shooting errors :)

I'm thinking now of replacing the FS with a Dawson .120T or .110T

What would be the best .120T or 110T? Or working on my shooting technique :)

Another guy with a Stock II Xtreme with the 5.5mm Tall Eric FS has almost all the way cranked up his rear sight.

So, is this typical for stock II's that they print low with the standard front sights?

I use henning front sights and only have to raise the rear just a bit.

I didn't try Henning since the one I measured was .175 tall. My Dawson is right on .160 but I have the rear sight cranked up quite a bit. Just really didn't feel like purchasing another sight.