Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replace TRS without taking out sear cage?

d_striker

I just got a Shadow Target a few weeks ago. I've been dry firing and shooting this thing a bunch. I've decided that I like the platform and am going to commit to it. I ordered another as a backup but it will be a couple of months before I get it.

I've got a couple of major matches before I get it and I'm hoping nothing happens until then. I'm guessing the most likely thing to break in a match would be the reduced power CGW TRS that I put in. If it breaks in a match, can it be replaced without taking the sear cage out? Or do you have to take the sear cage out so you have access to the whole trigger/trigger bar assembly?

The sear cage sits on top of where the disco and the trigger bar "connect" with each other right? If I'm thinking correctly, you can't lift the disco from engaging with the trigger bar unless you remove the sear cage.

yes..

just take out the pin and remove the spring..

if you go slow you can move the pin enough to clear the spring, but not out of the trigger.

long nose needle pliers.

Do it all the time, yes. And the tip of using needle nose pliers to hold and push the spring back in place makes it a snap! But this is at home at the work bench. Not something I'd do at a match as then I really believe the best spare part is a spare gun and would just rather swap out guns than fool with the trs at a match.

Actually I couldn't at a match as I don't carry a spare trs. I carry a spare slidestop, fo rod, grip screw and that's it. Don't bring any punches with me either.

It's a good idea to carry a full set of spare parts to any match you care about/want to complete. You never know when Murphy is gonna show it. Backup gun is a must as well, but not everyone can afford a backup gun, letbaloneva matching one.

I have spare parts for others at matches too, because not everyone is as prepared as I am :)

It's a good idea to carry a full set of spare parts to any match you care about/want to complete. You never know when Murphy is gonna show it. Backup gun is a must as well, but not everyone can afford a backup gun, letbaloneva matching one.

I have spare parts for others at matches too, because not everyone is as prepared as I am :)

What spare parts are a must? Right now, I'm thinking TRS, slide stop, and tuned extractors. What am I missing? Sear spring? What's the best place online to get OEM CZ parts?

Do it all the time, yes. And the tip of using needle nose pliers to hold and push the spring back in place makes it a snap! But this is at home at the work bench. Not something I'd do at a match as then I really believe the best spare part is a spare gun and would just rather swap out guns than fool with the trs at a match.

Actually I couldn't at a match as I don't carry a spare trs. I carry a spare slidestop, fo rod, grip screw and that's it. Don't bring any punches with me either.

I like to carry spare parts and tools. Especially since I'm traveling to an area match and won't have a backup gun. I'll bring an XD as a backup which means I'll have to bring an extra holster. If something happened on the first day of the area match, I could switch to the xd pretty easily but if I can fix the gun easily at the hotel, I'd rather do that and roll with the CZ for Day 2.

I used to work at a manufacturing company that did a lot of injection molding. Old ejector pins from the molds make great punches. The best part is they are small and lightweight.

If you have CGW trigger pin, then no punch is needed, it just pushes out. spare parts, TRS , slide stop, FO rod, bic lighter. If you dry fire a lot use a #83 O-ring when you dry fire.

Where are you putting the o-ring?

What spare parts are a must? Right now, I'm thinking TRS, slide stop, and tuned extractors. What am I missing? Sear spring? What's the best place online to get OEM CZ parts?

RP-TRS

Tuned Slide Stop/s

Hammer and Recoil springs

FO for front sight

Rear sight

Tools to do the repairs