Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dvc limited not shipping with 140mm mags

Xscream

I picked up my DVC 9mm today - everything looks great, except for the mags being too short. When the DVC launched STI advertised 2 - 140mm mags. If you have looked at their site recently they changed the spec to "two magazines". Sure enough mine came with 2 - 126mm mags. Did anyone get 140's?

Crappy that I pre-ordered, was delivered 4 months late and get screwed on the mags.

Some clarification on this would be appreciated. Honestly if the magazines are 126mm that's a deal breaker for me. 140mm have use in USPSA. 126mm basically tacks $125 onto the cost of the gun to replace them with mags that are actually useful.

Yep. Mine came with shorties.... I sent an email to them asking about this. I also remember seeing a video from SHOT show that they were equipped with a Koenig hammer. What up with all these changes?

Yep. Mine came with shorties.... I sent an email to them asking about this. I also remember seeing a video from SHOT show that they were equipped with a Koenig hammer. What up with all these changes?

so who cares what was said at SHOT or is on their website or some video ...

What did the invoice say you would get back when you plunked down your hard earned money?

I was always under the impression if you buy a gun that comes with a magwell, you get 140's and if not you get 126's...

Nope. I recently bought an sti apeiro and it also came with a 126mm magazine with a metal basepad. Apeiro comes with a SS magwell.....

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Everything I've seen said the DVC would come with 2-140mm mags....

Looking at Dawson's site the new brochure says "comes with 2 mags". I could of sworn all of them use to say 2-140mm mags!

Edited by 3djedi

Looking at Dawson's site the new brochure says "comes with 2 mags". I could of sworn all of them use to say 2-140mm mags!

Brazos still says 2 140's.

Previously pretty much all their guns did come with 126's but coming with 2 140's was one of the original selling points of the DVC.

At this point I'm *hoping* I'm coming up pretty close on my order at Brazos, so when they call to get the rest of the payment I'm just going to confirm on the phone to make absolutely sure it has 2 140's. If it's 2 126's I'm probably gonna skip it and either order an Apeiro if I can find one, or go for one of the lower priced customs (been looking at Blackdog Gunworks as a possibility).

Previously pretty much all their guns did come with 126's but coming with 2 140's was one of the original selling points of the DVC.

At this point I'm *hoping* I'm coming up pretty close on my order at Brazos, so when they call to get the rest of the payment I'm just going to confirm on the phone to make absolutely sure it has 2 140's. If it's 2 126's I'm probably gonna skip it and either order an Apeiro if I can find one, or go for one of the lower priced customs (been looking at Blackdog Gunworks as a possibility).

Check out Atlas Gunworks. I give up on the DVC and contacted Adam and he done me right and now have a beautiful gun!!

Check out Atlas Gunworks. I give up on the DVC and contacted Adam and he done me right and now have a beautiful gun!!

I could never understand why people in the gun industry put up with the poor customer service, extremely long wait times, missed promised delivery dates, changed items, etc. etc.

You order a 2011, MKA,1919, or AR15 from us it will be done when we say it will - a few days, to a few weeks. there is no reason for 2-3-12+ month wait times for a 2011

Update: Great chat with the folks at STI. It appears that it was an error in shipment. If anyone got the 126mm by mistake, give them a call.

:bow: STI customer service.

That's good to hear, everybody can make a mistake. I know I make my share.

The 126's were likely meant for IPSC customers and international sales.

As for the Koenig hammer, they never said anything like that. It was probably our video you are refering to and they said STI has their own new hammer and sears that go into these guns. The show guns definitely did not have Koenig hammers but did have a 2# trigger pull. The new parts must be pretty sturdy too given how badly they were treated throughout the show and I didn't see any follow and they maintained a 2# pull all week long

• 2 weeks later...