Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ tactical sport flat trigger install

joeg

Finished w/flat trigger & new trigger rtrn spring installation on my TS. Made trigger adjustments....shot 75rds thru it today and it ran flawlessly. I went from 2.5#s to 1.75#...Has anyone else done this and gotten lower trigger pull? I didnt do any other mods.

post-50693-0-93979400-1431144208_thumb.j

No I have not. Could you have been measuring in the same spot relative to the distance from the trigger spring? A flat trigger will allow you to measure further from the pin (lower) which would result in a reduced trigger pull force (torque).

I suppose the holes for the pin installation and transfer bar could be produced a little better for your weapon and thus reducing friction.

Edited by huskerlrrp

2.5 lbs sounds a little heavy even for a TS with factory parts. There might have been something wrong with the factory trigger that was causing it to bind somewhere.

I didnt find anything that could possibly bind the factory trigger when i took it apart.

My TS still has the factory trigger & hammer, the pull is 1.75 lbs.

Mine too.

I didn't see the need for another trigger or trigger job, but not stopping anyone from doing it. I wouldn't want it any lighter.

Well, whatever was wrong with the trigger from the factory, their certainly is nothing wrong with it now.... shoots flawlessly. Im gonna do my czechmate next. That should be fun...

Well, whatever was wrong with the trigger from the factory, their certainly is nothing wrong with it now.... shoots flawlessly. Im gonna do my czechmate next. That should be fun...

Congrats! When you do your CM, just be sure to buy the right type of flat trigger - there is a 1.5mm to 2mm length difference between the TS flat and the CM flat (which has a slightly curled edge just like the plastic trigger). The longer TS trigger does not work well in the CM - it bottoms out of leaves insufficient clearance for over travel.

Congrats! When you do your CM, just be sure to buy the right type of flat trigger - there is a 1.5mm to 2mm length difference between the TS flat and the CM flat (which has a slightly curled edge just like the plastic trigger). The longer TS trigger does not work well in the CM - it bottoms out of leaves insufficient clearance for over travel.

thats good to know. thanks.

It took me about 2hrs for installation. It is straightfoward. However, if you dont have the patience, its gonna be difficult. Be careful not to loose parts especially the tiny springs on the back of the of the sear cage, hammer pin might fall out. Pre-fit the NEW trigger pin on the frame before installing all pieces together, put a little grease on the top of the new trigger where the pins go -thru-both places to make it easier....once in, they wont comeback out. Again, it does require patience. good luck.

It took me about 2hrs for installation. It is straightfoward. However, if you dont have the patience, its gonna be difficult. Be careful not to loose parts especially the tiny springs on the back of the of the sear cage, hammer pin might fall out. Pre-fit the NEW trigger pin on the frame before installing all pieces together, put a little grease on the top of the new trigger where the pins go -thru-both places to make it easier....once in, they wont comeback out. Again, it does require patience. good luck.

Thanks!

This sounds strange. CM is hand made from TS frame. The inside of trigger guard is not modified. All factory triggers are listed for both models.

This sounds strange. CM is hand made from TS frame. The inside of trigger guard is not modified. All factory triggers are listed for both models.

Trust me, I measured the plastic, flat with curved tip, and flat all through triggers straight from CZ UB. When I find time, I will post the pics.

Which flat trigger did you install, CZ Custom or CGW?

I am working on installing a CGW and in the test fitting the interface between the trigger and trigger bar felt really gritty.I'm going to stone the trigger bar and see how much that helps. The CGW trigger is also very snug in the frame.

the CZ Custom or CGW flat trigger are the same. That info is from david at CGW. Ive bought one each from both and they didnt look any different. My flat trigger went right in without any mods. However, the trigger is very snug once its all installed. But it loosened up after i shot few test rounds thru the gun.