Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who best to open up a 1301 loading port?

I just did mine myself. Might not be as bright and shiny as some that are out there only because my dremel was having issues when I was polishing things. Its plenty smooth, just not mirror finished like some.

Jesse Tischauser has a great video on how to open up a port yourself. He used a Stoeger for his example, but the technique is the same for a Beretta - you just have to make sure you don't take out the SN.

Before:

10911264_932286886802254_314823128805440

After:

10872848_932400650124211_64614171583844110923659_932401053457504_685961162753234

I still need to work over the hand guard some as when I go to quad load the rounds still in my hand as I push in the first two crash against the hand guard edge where it overlaps the receiver. Simple enough to blend, I've just been too lazy to do it. About to be out for a month as I recover from surgery so I figure I will make it happen then to try to keep from going stir crazy.

Edited by Iggy42

I have rounded my edges like the ones pictured above but for strong hand quads I think it needs to be aggressively down on the left side (non SN side). It will load pretty well weak hand as pictured above.

As pictured in the 1301 thread, I think you could go as far as the contour line.

20140512_195843_zps5bc4153a.jpg

Edited by dogtired

If you have the right FFL, you can "remanufacture" the firearm when you move the SN to the new position. I emailed Pendergraft since I'm reasonably in the area, and he talked about moving the SN

OK, then what's the deal? I've seen stuff saying that some FFLs can move the s/n to a new location, and in the process they're legally remanufacturing the firearm - it goes from a Beretta 1301 to a "Name of gunsmith" 1301.

I think thats the "issue" here is too much I heard or Ive been told by so and so, or so and so did it!!.............. Call ATF and ask them if you want the straight scoop.

Technically even what I'm telling you is heresay. but to move a sr# requires "official" permission and the mover should be able to provide that "official" permission to you, in writing.

Trapr