Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No go with Voodoo LMOS bcg?

dogtired

I have been trying to tune my rifle (several actually) to use a Voodoo LMOS BCG with no luck. I have an adjustable gas block. I can swap in a standard BCG and the gun will run fine and the gas will adjust from single shot to bolt lock back. With the standard BCG is works with rifle buffer empty and full of weights.

I sighted it in yesterday with the LMOS set up and slow fire off the bench it worked fine, then intermittently it would not cycle for rapid fire. Dropped in the standard BCG with no weights in the buffer and it ran like a scalded dog.

Any insights?

Thanks in advance.

Lube, too much gas, misaligned gas tube with the gas key could be issues beside the actual BCG.

Int he BCG, check for gas ring alignment, leaking gas key and after that you are on to an actual problem with the bolt or carrier.

Pmags and Al mil mags. Plenty of lube, I think gas system is lined up correctly. Would that not have the same trouble with the standard weight BCG?

In tearing down the bolt, we may have discovered why Mark is an evil genius:

c1c84828-cba4-4b08-8f1a-d2c359b2806f_zps

I will get that corrected and see if it fixes it.

• 2 weeks later...

I replaced the gas rings with a JP one piece, ran it again and still no love even with the port wide open. It works perfectly with a full mass BCG, 2oz rifle buffer and the gas half way open so I think I will continue with that. I will try it on a suppressed BLK and see if it works there.

Edited by dogtired

Can I mail it to you to drop in and see if it works?

If this is a serious question, I guess I could do that. But I think Kurt has a better idea in sending it to VDI and let them check it out. With the gas rings able to wrap over the bolt as shown in your picture, I suspect there is an issue with the carrier itself.

Edited by Shooter115

• 1 month later...

A buddy of mine has a VooDoo carrier that will not run at all in multiple guns, all of which run fine with other carriers.

I also have a voodoo carrier that does not cycle reliably. That rifle wll cycle 3 other carriers, not the voodoo.