Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who here uses Precision Delta Bullets in their open gun?

bigboy69

I use their 115 & 124 gr JHP in my open guns.

Very accurate and never had a problem with them

The HP are a complete jacket. You'll save money ordering in quantity also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't ordered bullets in a while, but when I run out of Zero 115 JHP-Cs and MG 115 JHPs I am going with Precision Delta's 115 JHP. They are considerably cheaper than either of the bullets I have been using and I'm sure they work just as well.

Been shooting MGs for a while and decided to order 300 for a trial run last month before I ran out of MGs.

Gun ran good and accuracy worked was good, so just ordered 2Ks of 124s. Not bad at $89/1K with free shipping.

Edited by Big Guy

Another user here. 115gr JHP's work great. I've also got a stash of 124gr JHP's that I'll be breaking into soon.

Good pricing (shipping included) and quick shipment! Another nice thing is that they seem to limit to 2K per USPS box. Far less chance of the dreaded flat rate box blowouts.

Ran probably 20,000 of the 124 FMJ's when I was shooting open. The exposed lead base will muck up

your comp worse than a JHP or CMJ, but accuracy and function was fine, and price/availability

was good.

So the people that are shooting the 9mm, .355 dia bullets out of their 38 Supers, you are not having any issue making major?

I've got multiple friends and teammates that run mostly 124's in 38S/SC and have no problem making major. Others have used 115's, and they make Major, but 124's seem to be preferred.

How are they speed wise compared to MG with the same charge? Any noticeable difference in FPS?

I've found no difference between them and MG.

MG looks so much more sexy! :)

But I suspect my next order will be for PD.

Edited by Foxbat

Maybe with jacketed bullet there are no issues making major.

I was trying the Extreme 124 PLATED bullets and I could get major, but I had a 6" group at 10 yds.

I immediately shot my friends 125 Mg JHP and my gun grouped well.

So that was my concern with the .355 bullet dia. I ordered a sample pack on the Precision Deltas and I'll give them a try.

I've shot a couple thousand now. Zero 115c give me 1/2 inch groups at 30 yards, PD give me about an inch at 30 yards. For our sport, that's better than good enough and it's a good savings. By the way, the POA and accuracy is repeatable... Something I can't say for plated bullets. I am not shooting anything else now given they have excellent pricing!

• 2 weeks later...

Tested the 115s compared to Montana Gold's and find them 100% interchangeable other than seating stem adjustment. Using 9.3 of HS6 I got the same power factor (174), same accuracy, and same point of impact at 50 yards. Only change was I had to move the seating stem up on the die to adjust oal when it was set for MG.