Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scope mount suggestions

Hey guys, just looking for suggestions for a mount for my new 1-6x scope. Standard rings aren't high enough for me, I do have a rider block I might try, but was curious if cantilever ring mounts are any better or what the advantages/disadvantages were on both. And also what brands are you guys all running? Thanks in advance

Here's a picture of what I just set up now. I'm going to try it out for now. I already had a few sets of rings and the riser block. I actually like that it because I put the riser block over my Keymod rail and stiffened everything up. Hopefully that's not a bad thing. If this doesn't work out I might go towards the vortex mount. But I'm trying to save money for a trigger upgrade!834657266f6f674156ef03db69619363.jpgt404f3a60ff87af48f1b733666dbb0d8c.jpg

Edited by JordanGriffith

I'm keeping my Warne RAMP mount for some applications. Their Skel line looks very interesting. I'm definitely shopping for a Bobro mount for at least one, perhaps two, optics. The ability to remove and remount back to zero would be helpful for some of my gear. That is what is pointing me toward Bobro (among others to consider). Quick release levers :-)

+1 for the Bobro. Not sure on the height question for you, but this is what I am running on both of my Vortex 1-6's.

I copied a response I made last year in another post about this, when I was switching mounts:

I wanted an extended mount, so I switched from another manufacture's mounts, to the extended Bobro mounts (2 of them) and I think they are great. I like the BLAC lever system better which requires no manual adjustment to lock it to the rail. I like the lever system (with the safety) better. I also like the that the ring mount bolts are horizontal and not vertical. FTR I have the newer version with the ring bolts on top not on bottom. The mount is rock solid and the quality is awesome. Have not removed it and checked the RTZ, but will add, if I did, I would make sure to verify before shooting in a match.

http://www.bobroengi...view/product/8/

Have not removed it and checked the RTZ, but will add, if I did, I would make sure to verify before shooting in a match.

I removed and checked the rtz with a 24x Vortex. It was unnoticeable out to 500