Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arredondo or Taylor Freelance Ext. Pads

MBaban

I have no experience with the TF basepads but I do like the Arredondo's. The body portion slips over the magazine while the base has two locking arms that engage a notch on each side. Looks fullproof, I have 12 total and out of those 6 for a G35 are flawless but I haven't tried the other six for a G-34 yet so I will assume that they will also work. If you do go the Arredondo route, buy some new old style followers as it will fit and maybe function better. Arredondo is also making these available in other colors as well...

I have 5 Taylor Freelance base pads .................. 3 - 170mm for open, and 2 - 140mm pads for limited, and they are flawless. When they say their locking system is like "Fort Knox" they are not kidding. Makes it more difficult to clean, but just use an allen wrench and your in.

Drop them all the time too and have had no complaints about wear & tear either. They are made of annodized aluminum (black) and I still have yet to see any scratches or dings anywhere on them.

I love 'em

The TF are A OK by me, but then I need the 170mm (+11 9mm) option they offer. For 140mm applications (Limited), the Arredondo are also OK, but I think the Gramms basepad is great too. I haven’t seen, or tried the Dawson though.

--

Regards,

FWIW:

I have quite a few of the Arredondo basepads for use in my G-35. They have worked flawlessly with one side note. I use an older style Lightning Strike mag well. I had to make some very minor adjustments to the very top of a few of the base pads to make sure there was no hang-up and I got positive drop during reloads.

After some very minor adjustments, they work great, are easy to clean, and have stood up to some major abuse.

I have 5 Taylor Freelance base pads .................. 3 - 170mm for open, and 2 - 140mm pads for limited, and they are flawless. When they say their locking system is like "Fort Knox" they are not kidding. Makes it more difficult to clean, but just use an allen wrench and your in.

Drop them all the time too and have had no complaints about wear & tear either. They are made of annodized aluminum (black) and I still have yet to see any scratches or dings anywhere on them.

I love 'em

The TF extensions are machined from Delrin, not aluminum. I've used both TF and Arredondo for Glock mags. I use Grams for my STI mags.

• 6 years later...

I seem to be having an issue. About the 20 to 22nd round I get a double feed. No a FTE, where the spent cartridge stays in the chamber and another tries to load, but instead to live rounds trying load.

I am using this basepad... Any ideas

I use Dawson basepads. They come with a spring already. You may have to trim the follower a bit, but very detailed instructions are included. They fit solid (I don't run a magwell though), and are very easy to take on and off, just flip the sliding gate.

IMAG0452.jpg

I've heard mixed reviews from the guys at the range with them. Like the ease of use when taking them off, but have noticed that the edges tend to wear out and get sloppy. I have both TF in 140 and 170 and Arredondo and like them all. The extra weight in the brass TF 140s is quite nice.

I have not tried the Dawson basepads because I often shoot indoors on a concrete floor and would not care to drop aluminum basepads on it. I've tried both the TF and the Arredondo. The TF are exremely well made but I settled with the Arredondo because they are easier to take on and off at the range (and if you shoot anywhere the ground is particularly dusty or sandy, quick cleaning is a good thing).

Just so you know, I have yet to find an extension for a G22/35 mag that will take more than 19 rounds and still seat properly.

George said" "I think the Gramms basepad is great too"

Do they make a Glock basepad?

BobTorre said: "I seem to be having an issue. About the 20 to 22nd round I get a double feed."

Are you talking about a Glock mag? What extension? The TF 170?

Edited by Graham Smith

Just so you know, I have yet to find an extension for a G22/35 mag that will take more than 19 rounds and still seat properly.

I was right with you until Southern Chester. That was the first match where I managed to get 20 into a couple of mags. I started the stage on the 15 yard bay with 20+1, as well as Stage 1, where I also reloaded with 20.....

I don't know if it was just springs finally taking a set, or the fact that I was shooting a near box stock 22, as opposed to the tightened and tweaked 35 I normally shoot in Limited....