Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34: Production

Honeybooboo

Honeybooboo,

I would also do some polishing! Do the $0.25 trigger job. I can't remember if the web's variations of the $0.25 trigger job include polishing the plunger, but polish that too.

Also get a reduced weight plunger spring.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honeybooboo,

I would also do some polishing! Do the $0.25 trigger job. I can't remember if the web's variations of the $0.25 trigger job include polishing the plunger, but polish that too.

Also get a reduced weight plunger spring.

true. I have my gunsmith polish everything and he gets it mirror like. I like the looks of the DK trigger kit too but I dunno if I want to play around with overtravel.

The beavertail is nice on the gen4, keeps the web of my hand from getting chewed up by the slide.

Yea I got a gen 4. Ordered from Grabagun. Delivered same day and arrived at my FFL the next. Can't beat that. Made late December/early January.

I have TTI sights and base pads coming tomorrow. Anybody know if the stock mag springs work well with the small +3/+4 pads or are Wolff +10% better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot Battle in the Blue Grass last week, & my Gen 4 G34 with DK trigger w/ lightened striker & 4# striker spring was 100% reliable with Federal & S&B SP primers. I had to reshoot a couple stages, so it was 330+ rounds w/o cleaning or attention of any kind.

What kind of lightened striker do you have?

Sounds to me like that is an externally visible modification -- the stock 34 does not come with a smooth faced trigger. So my guess is that it would not be legal for IDPA SSP.

The Glock 34 does come with a smooth-faced trigger. Am I missing something?

I got to put a few hundred rounds through it today. Ejection was weak and had a few failure to feeds but I think that was because I was shooting Remington UMC 115g, which is a weak factory load, combined with the heavy recoil spring. I'm going to order parts tonight. Deciding if I want to do a Vanek classic kit with a 5.0lb firing pin spring and 15lb recoil spring or the GM kit with a 4-4.5lb firing pin spring and 13lb recoil spring. Vanek advertises 2lb triggers with the GM kit, that's why I'm a little hesitant on it. Never had a trigger that light. He also warned against using a 5lb firing pin spring with the Jager striker because I may get pierced primers.

I have a full zev trigger (limited gun) and the full DK kit (production). Both have functioned 100% and the DK's pull is really light, Daniel does great work and he's a great guy that will make anything right and give you advice.

If you'd like I can take a video of it. Send me a pm. The Tti sights are great btw, I don't have them but I've used them and the narrow rear sight helps drastically in getting more accurate alignment then my warren tacticals.

I am constantly torn between just using springs and polishing or going with the Vanek GM kit. I like the satisfaction of improving my trigger, but I am tempted by how nice it could be. I can't imagine I would get the kit and regret it. So maybe that is the answer...

I've posted it before, but here's what I did for my G34s for Production. Both pistols are 100% and run great with 124s @ 128 Pf.

Tuned Recoil/Trigger Gen4 Glock 34

I think they are great pistols and I am doing well in Production with them. Made A last month and I am sitting 3% from Master. I have been shooting a lot, but the tuned guns and dedicated belt/rig helped a lot.

Are there better triggers, sure. But I think there is a lot of value to the Zev/TTI kits and some polish. Tuning the recoil system is key too. Lots of guys like the 13lb spring, I like the way mine shoot better with my ammo and the 11lb spring.

These threads are great!

I've posted it before, but here's what I did for my G34s for Production. Both pistols are 100% and run great with 124s @ 128 Pf.

I think they are great pistols and I am doing well in Production with them. Made A last month and I am sitting 3% from Master. I have been shooting a lot, but the tuned guns and dedicated belt/rig helped a lot.

Are there better triggers, sure. But I think there is a lot of value to the Zev/TTI kits and some polish. Tuning the recoil system is key too. Lots of guys like the 13lb spring, I like the way mine shoot better with my ammo and the 11lb spring.

These threads are great!

That looks like a good setup. I can't decide if I want to leave the trigger stock and just polish it but put in a Jager striker with a 4lb striker spring or go with a vanek Classic kit, and keep the stock striker with like a 5lb spring. The vanek GM seems insane but that 2lb trigger scares me. I want to be around 3-3.5lbs.

These threads are great!

That looks like a good setup. I can't decide if I want to leave the trigger stock and just polish it but put in a Jager striker with a 4lb striker spring or go with a vanek Classic kit, and keep the stock striker with like a 5lb spring. The vanek GM seems insane but that 2lb trigger scares me. I want to be around 3-3.5lbs.

Just use the OEM firing pin spring with the GM kit and the trigger pull will be about where you want it. You may even want to tune it with a 5.0# firing pin spring.

These threads are great!

Just use the OEM firing pin spring with the GM kit and the trigger pull will be about where you want it. You may even want to tune it with a 5.0# firing pin spring.

Yea but I emailed Vanek about that and they warned about pierced primers with a stock striker spring and Jager striker.

And I wouldn't want to run a 13lb recoil spring with a 5.5lb striker spring just because I wouldn't want to risk an out of battery situation.

Edited by Honeybooboo

The DK Custom kit is the best trigger period. It comes with a fancy striker and every thing you need. Just put it in like the instructions say and the gun works 100% all the time even with CCI primers. You don't have to touch the overtravel or the pre travel screws they are already set.

gogetchaone

The DK Custom kit is the best trigger period. It comes with a fancy striker and every thing you need. Just put it in like the instructions say and the gun works 100% all the time even with CCI primers. You don't have to touch the overtravel or the pre travel screws they are already set.

gogetchaone

Yea I may try that. I finally got a trigger gauge yesterday so that I can compare changes. My stock 34 is coming in at 5.5lbs. I will put a wolff extra power trigger spring in with a 5lb striker spring and see where I'm at tonight. I may be happy with that and a .25 job. If not, DK it is. I had a 4.5lb striker spring in my 17 without any light strikes but that was probably risky.

Here's my thoughts on the whole DIY Glock trigger thing.

We spent well over $1200 on the gun, sights, mags, mainspring, guide rod, and holsters for a gun to shoot matches with. We need a gun thats fast and dependable. We take time and money to drive to the match and then pay to shoot the match. We take time to make less expensive, more accurate and dependable ammo.

After all that we still have guys that make their own $20 trigger to make there gun not work...

Way I see it, spend the 180 bucks to keep the gun dependable and be done with it.

I've tried several triggers including the $250 ZEV kit and the DK custom. While they are both nice I have found that the combination I like best is the stock trigger with TTI grandmaster connector with the ZEV skeletonized striker, ZEV reduced power striker spring, zev safety plunger and spring. Has all the pre-travel of a glock which I don't even notice when shooting or is just a training issue. It's a really crisp break and short reset........

That's the beauty of a glock. So many options!

• 4 weeks later...

Outstanding thread. I'm getting some good ideas here.

This forum is proving to be a wealth of real world experience from guys in the know.

So grateful to have found this place.

Here's my thoughts on the whole DIY Glock trigger thing.

We spent well over $1200 on the gun, sights, mags, mainspring, guide rod, and holsters for a gun to shoot matches with. We need a gun thats fast and dependable. We take time and money to drive to the match and then pay to shoot the match. We take time to make less expensive, more accurate and dependable ammo.

After all that we still have guys that make their own $20 trigger to make there gun not work...

Way I see it, spend the 180 bucks to keep the gun dependable and be done with it.

I hear ya.

I say the same thing to guys I've hunted with over the years. They'll spend what I consider big bucks on a super nice bolt gun, gas money, time away from home, hunting land expenses, vacation days....etc...etc. but then they'll shortchange themselves on buying the cheapest scope they can find.

There are a ton of highly accurate bolt guns available at the local Walmarts & Academy sports for $400. They could then afford to spend more on nice glass that will actually do something for them vs some semi-custom-custom rifle shooting an oddball SuperUltraBadda$$ propriatary cartridge with an ear drum splitting muzzle break.

People do funny things.

One of my favorite recent commercials on TV is the guy who goes around his house and checks in with his family members to ensure all their lights, fans, computers, toaster oven and etc are working. He give them a serious look and they all comfirm with a verbal, "Works". I like that.

I'm not a wealthy man....far from it.....but I like my gear to "Work" and don't mind paying a bit more for higher quality and reliablity.

Time off doing our hobbies is hard to come by.