Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34: Production

Honeybooboo

I have a Glock 34 coming that I want to get started in USPSA production with. I originally bought a 1911 to shoot single stack with and I don't shoot it very well. Not near as good as my Glock 17. I bought a good one too lol. O well. I have some parts in mind but want to make sure this is production legal.

- Vanek classic GM trigger with the Jager striker: Is this the best production legal trigger that has overtravel adjustment or am I better off going with a Ghost connector with the overtravel tab?

- Jager stainless steel guide rod with 13 and 15b recoil springs.

- Dawson black competition sights .105 front with a .115 rear

- TTI small base pads

Anything else besides practicing a lot with it?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DK Custom Triggers and Vanek both make an excellent competition trigger.

Yea I hear good things about both. I had a Glock Triggers Guardian on my 17 with a 4.5lb striker spring and it was pretty good. I want to get rid of some over travel though.

I have a DK Custom trigger in my model 17 and am very happy with it. Pre-travel and over travel are minimal and I didn't have to adjust anything - I just installed the trigger and left it as-is.

I'm a three gun guy, not USPSA, but he claims his triggers are production legal.

Save your $$$ don't buy a custom trigger. Go get a Ghost Rocket 3.5# connector, Ti safety plunger and some mothers metal polish! Keep the stock striker and striker spring, its going to go bang when you pull the trigger. You don't want light strikes!!

The less you mess with the better!

Edited by jbultman

There's no question you can build a great trigger by selecting your own parts. However, I didn't want to do a lot of trial and error so I went with the DK.

I definitely agree that once you get something you like that works - just shoot it!

Is the DK trigger legal for IDPA SSP?

The text that I see on the web site says: "modified smooth faced trigger." Sounds to me like that is an externally visible modification -- the stock 34 does not come with a smooth faced trigger. So my guess is that it would not be legal for IDPA SSP.

Save your $$$ don't buy a custom trigger. Go get a Ghost Rocket 3.5# connector, Ti safety plunger and some mothers metal polish! Keep the stock striker and striker spring, its going to go bang when you pull the trigger. You don't want light strikes!!

The less you mess with the better!

And a true custom trigger kit is so much better than what you described and fires every time you pull the trigger when done right.

I shot Battle in the Blue Grass last week, & my Gen 4 G34 with DK trigger w/ lightened striker & 4# striker spring was 100% reliable with Federal & S&B SP primers. I had to reshoot a couple stages, so it was 330+ rounds w/o cleaning or attention of any kind.

Agree with others, don't bother with the custom drop-in triggers. Stick with a competition connector, reduced safety spring, stronger trigger spring, and some metal polish.

Add some grip tape, new sights, recoil spring tuning, SS guide rod, and a grip plug, and you are all set to go!

Agree with others, don't bother with the custom drop-in triggers. Stick with a competition connector, reduced safety spring, stronger trigger spring, and some metal polish.

Add some grip tape, new sights, recoil spring tuning, SS guide rod, and a grip plug, and you are all set to go!

And you will never know how good a Glock trigger can be.

- Dawson black competition sights .105 front with a .115 rear

Personally, I prefer a narrow, red fiber optic front site. And .115 is way too small for the rear notch for my taste.

And you will never know how good a Glock trigger can be.

I've tried several before, even was able to spend and afternoon with KC's open gun at one point. My only point is that marginal returns on glock triggers rapidly decline after the first wave of cheap and easy upgrades.

I've been so confused with different part combos on the web that I think I'm just going with TTI everything. TTI sights, trigger bar or grand master trigger kit, and steel guide rod with 13b recoil spring. TTI base pads.

My concern is that if I run the 13lb recoil spring with stock springs in everything else I don't want to have an out of battery situation. Not sure what striker spring comes with the TTI kit. I've used a 4.5lb in a 17 with a stock striker and never had any problems. Maybe I'll go with a 5lb to both ensure that I don't have an out of battery problem and to make sure that I don't have light strikes?

O and I'm going to use a KKM or ZEV barrel.

Jager and Zev strikers both have a good track record and most used. I haven't had experience with them but have heard good things.

Reason you want that barrel? I see no need honestly.

I dunno. It's cool lol. People seem to get better groupings with KKM's. From what I've heard it seems like KKM might be making Zev's barrels and then they just add some flash to them.

Edited by Honeybooboo