Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sp-01 vs sp-01 accu shadow

Superpipe9

Maybe not in the case of the mechanical accuracy differance. Most (to include myself) can never fully utilize the adherent benefit of the Accu in a match. What it does give you is confidence in your equipment. Before I switched to the Accu, I aways questioned the "mikes". Was it me? Was it the gun? My last platform on its best day could not even come close to the Accu on its worst. I now break down stages to suite the best possible plan rather than catering to my doubts in my gears accuracy. Maybe not a direct answer to the accu vs. SP-01 but hope this helps.

Edited by MRevolutionIX

I think it's about $400-500 (?) in parts and knowhow to get something stock to very nice 'custom' equivalent with lighter DA/SA and short reset, IMHO _THAT_ IS worth the extra coin over stock for battling in Production, whether it's SP01 or SP01 Shadow.

Beyond that, also IMHO:

- SP01 Shadow is easier top end to work over / maintain vs SP01

- Accu gives you measurably tighter groups over non-accu with custom work, but both can be 10/10 in the A zone or steel at 25 yards if you do your part

Edited by trgt

I think it's about $400-500 (?) in parts and knowhow to get something stock to very nice 'custom' equivalent with lighter DA/SA and short reset, IMHO _THAT_ IS worth the extra coin over stock for battling in Production, whether it's SP01 or SP01 Shadow.

Beyond that, also IMHO:

- SP01 Shadow is easier top end to work over / maintain vs SP01

- Accu gives you measurably tighter groups over non-accu with custom work, but both can be 10/10 in the A zone or steel at 25 yards if you do your part

Now that I think of it, mechanical accuracy has never been a concern when I build my Shadows. I have only concentrated on ergonomics, sights, and the trigger/action of my CZ's.

I was contemplating getting the Accu Shadow mods on my Single Action CZ's but the cost and lead time has prevented it thus far.

Edited by himurax13

You can´t compare.

In the CZ production, there comes a barrel, a slide and a grip, and they are sticked together just as they come, n´that´s it.

So there is always some more or less play between barrel/slide and slide/grip.

Maybe you are the lucky one, who has got the one of a hundred, or you didn´t.

So you have shadows which do under 2" groupings on 25 yds., but may also have one which does above 4" on the same distance.

I´ve shot and loaded for a lot of them.

The grouping sheet which comes with the gun from the factory, gives you a pretty good idea, what the several pistol will be able to do.

The Accu Shadow is a tuned version of a factory shadow, with all those things ligned up and fixed, if after that no difference is shown, nobody would ask or talk about.

Maybe not in the case of the mechanical accuracy differance. Most (to include myself) can never fully utilize the adherent benefit of the Accu in a match. What it does give you is confidence in your equipment. Before I switched to the Accu, I aways questioned the "mikes". Was it me? Was it the gun? My last platform on its best day could not even come close to the Accu on its worst. I now break down stages to suite the best possible plan rather than catering to my doubts in my gears accuracy. Maybe not a direct answer to the accu vs. SP-01 but hope this helps.

I agree 100%. I'd add that you certainly can work over one on your own for less money. I'm only a so-so shade tree gunsmith though and it was easier to spend the money on an accushadow than the time to change parts and polish on a stock gun. I haven't regretted it at all.

Shadow is my practice gun

ACCU shadow is my match gun

This is basically what I was thinking. I already have a 2014 sp-01 shadow black and want to get a back up gun so I'm just deciding whether to get another 2014 sp-01 shadow black or get the accu shadow and turn my current one into the back up??

Is the accu shadow or even the higher end accu shadow black worth the extra coin over the sp-01 shadow for uspsa production???

I don't think paying 30% more will increase your scores by 30%.

Is the accu shadow or even the higher end accu shadow black worth the extra coin over the sp-01 shadow for uspsa production???

LOL!! Good point and very true

only if all the targets are at 30% more distant :devil: :devil: :devil:

I think the ACCU is $350 extra, sure that sounds substantial, but how much is that compared to yearly costs like:

Match fees

Bullets

Powder

Primers

Gas to and from matches

Match hotel nights

A gun is a commodity, especially a quality gun, it retains resale value. I'm constantly amazed at the places shooters try to "save" money, but then buy a bunch of fugly match shirts.

I bought a Shadow and an ACCU Shadow, I now wish I'd bought 2 ACCU's

Ok, I'm off my soapbox