Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is Apex Flat Faced FSS production legal?

mikemike22

The geometry of the FSS trigger is different, I don't know if a stock trigger would work. If it did, there would not be any external modifications so it might fly. You'd have to experiment and see if the stock trigger is in the same place after putting the FSS in. .

I have used Apex parts from the FSS kits and keept the sock triger itself in place.People are shocked how they feel for production legal triggers. Range is between 2.5-3.5lbs depending on striker spring needed (to prevent lite strikes). Reduced power striker springs got it to 2.5-2.75lbs trigger pull but required fedral primers for reliability.

I am experimenting with stock striker spring and CCI's now. I have not measured the pull, im guessing 3.75-4.

I started with the Apex USB, spring, polishing the typical parts & peices,..the fss and tuning the trigger bar with stock triger spring. Works like a dream!

Good luck!

Edited by Hallz

Have you read and finished all the Burwell Trigger job steps?.

I would then start with the Apex Compition spring kit

Apex Competition Striker Spring

Apex Competition Sear Spring 1/8"

Apex Competition Trigger Return Spring

Apex Aluminum Slave Pin (assists with installation of trigger return spring)

If your not comfortable messing with the Striker block and Sear and want more,I use the following Apex parts

Forward Set Sear (not the fully machined sear)

ultimate Striker block.follow the apex a video for turning your trigger bar, hopefully you have the H stamped version

What can be done in limited? I'm finding that a lot of the things I want to do for my own enjoyment of my gun is not allowed in Production. I do want to do an undercut on the trigger guard. I don't want to do any slide cuts though.

What can be done in limited? I'm finding that a lot of the things I want to do for my own enjoyment of my gun is not allowed in Production. I do want to do an undercut on the trigger guard. I don't want to do any slide cuts though.

Undercut on the trigger guard would be USPSA Limited or IDPA ESP,

Dear Sirs,

I have the Apex Competition kit installed on my otherwise reasonably stock M&P Pro. My trigger breaks at 3 lb and the gun eats anything factory made.

Would using the Flat Faced thingy yield me any noticeable benefit? I like this gun.

Dear Sirs,

I have the Apex Competition kit installed on my otherwise reasonably stock M&P Pro. My trigger breaks at 3 lb and the gun eats anything factory made.

Would using the Flat Faced thingy yield me any noticeable benefit? I like this gun.

I doubted the flat faced trigger, but I bought one anyway because I'm a parts junkie :surprise: . by my measure, my splits improved .03 sec per shot. Good enough for me, now I have the FF on both my comp guns.

Dear Sirs,

I would install the Forward Set Sear also. Without it I can say if you will notice a true benefit.

• 3 weeks later...

The fss trigger is all about pre travel and over travel, and The aluminum trigger helps make it feel more crisp than the polymer factory hindge trigger. It also aids in "felt weight" of the trigger pull. Meaning: a 4lb trigger with the flat faced fss WILL feel lighter than a 4lb stock trigger. The FSS kit is said to eliminate 75% of pretravel, and I believe it has over travel adjustment. I have only handled a friends flat faced trigger m&p, but it is awesome(still deciding if I wanna take myself out of production and into limited by simply adding a trigger)

I got a chance to handle a friends gun with the aluminum flat faced trigger. It is nice but there is one small issue that drives me nuts. (OCD ). The trigger, when set is straight up, when it breaks it is past that. Can it be adjusted to be ahead a little and stop at 90 when it breaks?

Edited by bmiller