Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is Apex Flat Faced FSS production legal?

mikemike22

I got a chance to handle a friends gun with the aluminum flat faced trigger. It is nice but there is one small issue that drives me nuts. (OCD ). The trigger, when set is straight up, when it breaks it is past that. Can it be adjusted to be ahead a little and stop at 90 when it breaks?

No adjustment on the travel. It is possible to change the break point a tiny bit by adjusting the trigger bar loop, but that sometimes leads to other problems.

I got a chance to handle a friends gun with the aluminum flat faced trigger. It is nice but there is one small issue that drives me nuts. (OCD ). The trigger, when set is straight up, when it breaks it is past that. Can it be adjusted to be ahead a little and stop at 90 when it breaks?

No adjustment on the travel. It is possible to change the break point a tiny bit by adjusting the trigger bar loop, but that sometimes leads to other problems.

"SOMETIMES LEADS TO OTHER PROBLEMS." I felt like this part should come in big letters. You can do amazing things to an M&P trigger bar loop, but make sure you have a spare because it isn't some amazingly resilient piece you are playing with and it has the potential to turn paperweight on you in no time.

Yes you can eliminate all perceptible pretravel. You will have to make modifications to ensure positive reset as well.

Yes you can make the comp springs work with the FSS. You will have to lighten the trigger safety spring also.

Perhaps the biggest thing to remember is if it ain't broke don't fix it.