Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WOW! FL Open was a BLAST

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well despite my stupid mistake on stage 7 while blowing around the corner I had a good time with old and new friends. Pushing myself to hard for a class win with a new gun and getting trigger freeze cost me my first ever match DQ. :(:angry::wacko::(

It was no ones fault but mine that 180 rule is not 181, now is it? <_<

Already looking forward to next year. Now where is that darn C-more dot at??

Great job to all that worked the match and all the shooters that made it fun to shoot and watch.

Rhino - Julie says hi :wub:  :wub:

BAHAHAHAHA!!! That's how I introduced myself to Julie. Told her "Joey says hi." She put "Joey" together with "rhino" and, bam!, something to talk about. :D

rhino, dude, you're gonna be the common thread of the Enosverse. Every match someone's gonna mention you. B)

Which should theoretically work in my favor! The more people who mention me, the more often a certain :wub: Ms. Awesome :wub: will be inclined to think about Moi. Eventually she will realize that I am her destiny, and all will be well in the EnosVerse.

:blink::blink::blink:

Whoa! I think I dozed at the keyboard for a moment and awakened while I was typing ... :unsure:

What a great match, and if it had not been for Chris Patty I would not have been able to shoot it. The airlines ensured that my pistol did not make it, but when I showed up Sat am looking for options, he did not hesitate to offer me a pistol and the necessary gear off of his table. I would have bought it if possible by the end of teh match, but foriegn shooter so that was out. I was not able to shoot as well as I hoped but that pistol never caused a single problem, it was just my lack of experience with a glock. I hope he sold it to someone, if not, he has a sweet G34 , mags and gear for sale.

All in all, Im happy with 15 in production and I'm looking forward to next year.

Again, thanks Chris, :wub: , I can never repay you for you help.

Cliff Meek

What a great match, and if it had not been for Chris Patty I would not have been able to shoot it. The airlines ensured that my pistol did not make it, but when I showed up Sat am looking for options, he did not hesitate to offer me a pistol and the necessary gear off of his table.  I would have bought it if possible by the end of teh match, but foriegn shooter so that was out.  I was not able to shoot as well as I hoped but that pistol never caused a single problem, it was just my lack of experience with a glock.  I hope he sold it to someone, if not, he has a sweet G34 , mags and gear  for sale.

All in all, Im happy with 15 in production and I'm looking forward to next year.

Again, thanks Chris,  :wub: , I can never repay you for you help.

Cliff Meek

Awesome!

Nice gesture, Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got around to looking at this forum. I know the FL Open is history now and may be old news to some of you but, I'm still smiling. I've only shot 8 other major matches and the worst one was great but, I've never shot one with the feeling that if I was DQ'ed on the first shot I'ed still be THE WINNER. I bought a new C-more at Brazos table. I've never noticed the "Clicker" model. They had it at a low low price. I thought it was such a low price that it may not be as good as the old style. (DUH) After about 20 min, I bought it and found out the next day that they had priced it wrong. (REALLY WRONG) I tryed to pay the difference but they wouldn't have it. How's that for Honesty, Integrity and just down right standing behind your word. I can't say enough about "Brazos Custom Gunworks". Back to friday. I know better but, I just couldn't stand it anymore, I had to put the new C-more on. While at the safe area changing my sights, a gentleman asked if I needed any help. I turned to find Matt Burkett standing there offering his time and knowledge to someone he didn't know. I didn't need the help and thanked him for the offer and let him know that I had all of his DVD's and the three books that came with them. I thought that was great, big dog offering to help ME. (COOL) Then I went to the plate rack to sight in my new C-more. While sighting it in a gentleman asked if I needed any help, he said he's had alittle experience with C-more's. Ha Ha Ha I turned to find Todd Jarrett standing there. Well I wasn't going to pass up this kind of help again, so I almost hit him with the gun as I handed it to him so quickly. I learned more about shooting IPSC and open guns talking with him for that 45min, than I have learned in the past 3 years. I can't wait untill I can take one of his classes. Then looking at the stages and talking to some of the shooters, RO's, Frank and venders it just didn't mater how or if I shoot the match anymore. I had already gotten my moneys worth. Thats not counting the money I saved at Brasos table and the great deal I got from Henry Avant on my new C-more mount at the "Saw Custom" table. The only regret I have about this match and the 1,000.00 + dollars I spent on it, is that I didn't do it in 04,03,02 and 2001 when I first started shooting. By the way I placed 9th in B open and proud of it. Maybe I'll place 1st in A open next year using what I learned from my new friend Todd Jarrett. Thanks again Todd if you ever need any help with your heating & air let me know.

Ronnie Shores A-44415

Still Praying for that A

Thanks again Todd if you ever need any help with your heating & air let me know.

This is kinda funny - unless I'm remembering wrong (and I may well be), Todd was a heating and air man, himself, in a previous life.... ;)

I took TJ 45 min to sight in your gun? :P

Seriously, was it just pure luck they ran into you or do they really go around and help other people out? I can only imagine how awesome it must have been to run into the big dawgs much less extending out to help.

Anyway, I can vaguely recall another big dawg trying to figure out another BE member's glock. I think it was Tdean and TGO and TGO hollering out to Dave S or something. Simply awesome! :)

It took about 5min for him to see what was wrong with my gun. I left him there and made the repairs, 30min later he was still there waiting for me. He sighted in the gun, then we had our little talk. Pure luck, YES. I was at the right place at the right time. I don't think they go around looking for someone to help all the time, I think they are just willing to give help when needed (if they have the time). I would not have asked them for help because if everyone did they wouldn't be able to enjoy the match. I guess some of the BIG DAWGS are just as good hearted as the LITTLE DAWGS I shoot with every weekend.

Everyone at the match seemed to have the same thing in mind. HAVE A GOOD TIME. If you get the chance next year go to the match. As the years go by the memory of the stages will fade but, the memory of the people wont.

Ronnie A-44415

Still praying for that A