Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet heads ?

Revofan

Firstly,

Plain Lead? Coated Lead? Jacketed?

I think the coated lead bullets are wonderful, they are clean to handle and do not smoke much at all and leave the barrel clean.

160 grain and 145/147 grain would probably be your best options.

Check out www.ibejiheads.com , they make coated bullets and can size them either .357 or .358 for you. They are also a big supporter of the shooting sports and they sponsor alot of local and major matches around the country.

Edited by alecmc

No plain lead coated jacketed plated just looking to see what's everyones preference and accuracy I've been using MG 142gr and think they are great but they have the open lead at the base and I ported and comped my revo and want something with no exposed lead two alpha heads john l was nice enough to send me some samples I will be trying them out this week is looking to see what you guys are using and why

Bullet HEADS?

Where did this term start? I see it more and more frequently these days.

They are BULLETS!

Agreed. I wasn't going to say anything but since you started it, this term annoys the hell out of me.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I've seen the base, ogive and nose of a bullet, but never a head.

Makes me smile every time someone calls them "bullet heads". Not knowing any better I still call them bullets. I use 160s from Bayou or BBI.

Enough about the heads...

Let's hear about BULLET ASS!!!

I'm a bevel base man myself but I understand that a good gas check is important at times. :devil:

Now, back on topic, SnS castings 160 gr bullets shoot really well out of my short colt loads in my 627.

-ld

Didn't mean to attack anyone by objecting to the term "bullet heads". As for the company so named, I will share an old cowboy saying that applies:

"You can put your boots in the oven, but it don't make 'em biscuits!"