Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leatham's Steel Gun has a Docter

diehli

Bevin Grams [TeamGE] has a mod for the Docter that makes it brighter and more reliable. He also mills them low into the slide. The 3rd-generation sights are mostly all trouble-free anyway.

I'm guessing that TGO has lost Aimpoint as a sponsor, just like EG did - if I have my facts wrong please correct me. With the M4 military contracts, seems that Aimpoint is selling everything they can build.

He's also been using a Docter on his regular Open gun at local matches here. Works well for him he's had zero problems he told me and nothing been done to it. On the other hand one of my friends has broken three already inside 2 years.

Rob - when you say that TGO has "had zero problems," do you mean he's had no problems or he's had problems with the sight holding zero?

Thanks.

Rob - when you say that TGO has "had zero problems," do you mean he's had no problems or he's had problems with the sight holding zero?

Thanks.

:lol::lol: Next thing you know someone will be saying,

"I don't think he's having......" :P

Nolan

I've spoken to TGO about his Doctor experiment and even shot a few through his Doctor sighted open pistol. My understanding of the Doctor experiment is that TGO prefers and primarily shoots iron sighted pistols and likes the location of the Doctor on an open gun since it is pretty much the same as an iron sight. I believe (but don't hold me to it) that location is the primary factor. I don't believe (again I hesitate to speak for TGO, you'll have to ask him to be sure) that he would say that the Dr is a superior product than the Aimpoint. I don't know of any failures to hold a zero with his Dr. sight.

I don't know the status of Aimpoint sponsorship and can't say that you would not see an Aimpoint on future guns. Remember TGO is always experimenting.

Personal opinion, the cycling of the Doc does not bother me since I'm primarily an iron sighted shooter as well but if I were mainly an open shooter, it is not the sight I would use. I would stick with my CMore.

Even shooting irons the dot moved opposite what I was used to with tracking the front sight. Had big problems with it in really bright light. Switched back and my scores went back to normal. They worked out the problems with them going TU. Just remember he is TGO so he could win with a paper towel tube mounted on his gun. ;)