Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon 1-6x24 ACCUPOINT

StravIs09

To start this off my favorite 3gun scope is a trijicon tr24r. if that in your mind take away from my credibility so be it. the tr24 doesn't have the clearest glass or best fov. but it is the most forgiving eye box and that makes such a difference for me.

I Can't find this on the internet anywhere.. I got to look through it today and i snapped some pictures.

I don't have any specs or further details. chime in if you know something I want one.

Links below, We will call it a leak. trijicon is either tight lipped about the new scope do the poor performance of the vcog and still trying to get it out of stores or it truely is just a one off.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1nrfbaveyjjag4/2015-03-02%2014.02.53.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ix8n0babu8t9zyf/2015-03-02%2014.03.01.jpg?dl=0

All about the reticule. Would like to see more about it.

The illumination of the TR24 was great though. It was overpriced for the quality of glass however, IMO. The one I had suffered from a runout problem, and Trijicon's customer service was.......lacking. Asked for consideration to meet a 6 week schedule, got no response, so I had to buy another scope for a major match. Moved on from the TR24 and never looked back.

Contrast that to how Vortex damn near handed me the moon to get my scope back to me in time for a major, even offering to send me a loaner if I was worried about getting my scope back to them quickly enough to get it fixed and zeroed. Seriously impressed with their customer service.

glass quality appeared better than 1-4 but i could not side by side compare. and the tr24 is a great scope(no batteries, awesome illumination, awesome wide range eye box) yes it lacks a perfect reticle. but with the triangle and knowing your zero it can be done. (zerod at close to 300y)

the reticle in the above scope was a ? it looked like most hunting type crosshairs with modified*> german #4 but i am hopeful for vcog or bdc reticles.

again i have no real info on the scope, i was hoping some here could shed some more light on the subject. i want to buy one. here is my 2k$....

someone copied and pasted this thread in arfcom http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/670065_Trijicon_1_6__not_the_VCOG.html

the thread there is a bit more active but still speculative in nature.

to clarify. the scope is a fiber optic (assuming tritium duel illumination) No batteries.... I dont know where the arfcom people are seeing a led and batteries based on the pictures.

still trying to find more info on the scope. and will be holding off on a scope for my .308 until then.

Good illumination, poor reticle. I like Trijicon stuff, but unless this is a sub $600 optic, which it won't be, I fail to see how this is interesting. If a shooter doesn't need a reticle that allows for drop compensation, they don't really need more than 4x either, in my opinion.

Good illumination, poor reticle. I like Trijicon stuff, but unless this is a sub $600 optic, which it won't be, I fail to see how this is interesting. If a shooter doesn't need a reticle that allows for drop compensation, they don't really need more than 4x either, in my opinion.

really what is hard about 8moa at 500. basically hold the base of the triangle at the tip top or a touch over the top of the target. poor reticle agreed but i would take it over a bdc that doesnt match your loads:)

one reason bdc doesn't seem important to me. you still have to know what the 400y mark actually does for you..

It's the same story whether your using Mil or MOA hashes or a BDC reticle to hold over. Point is that having a a few reference marks of some kind even if they don't correlate to perfect 100yd increments is a hell of a lot better than a German no.4 reticle any day.

NO BDC MATHCES YOUR LOADS except at one atmospheric condition for one bullet and velocity. It is a myth, stop falling for it.

BS...as long as it's within a few inches, who gives a sh$t?

So you have a BDC that has the correct markings for all of your loads and yardages and conditions? NO you do not, and no-one else does this side of $20K.

Regardless of BDC, MOA, IPHY, MIL or even BPK, you have to figure out your zeros with your ammo for your gun and they will NOT match up perfectly with any set of hash marks in any reticle. If you know the dimensions within the reticle, then a standard Duplex can be used for range estimation and holds. Sure some are faster than others, and aids can be put into the reticle to make holds easier and faster, but they are not going to match. Pick the reticle that works for you irrespective of if the "BDC" lines up with your load or not, confirm your holds and you will be happy.