Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HS6 or 700x or 800x

WillM

HS-6 is your best option. makes major in 38 super or 9mm easily and safely and it meters great.

700x won't safely make major in 9mm or 38 super with a 124 grain bullet.

800x will make major in 38 super (probably 9mm, but am not sure) but it meters like chunks of charcoal - it is really horrid.

HS6 also get cleaner as you go up in PF. Loading 124s to a 168-170 PF when I first started shooting made for a dirty gun. My current load is 9.3-9.4 gr HS6 under a MG or Zero 115 JHP at 1.165 for a 175PF. The gun stays surprisingly clean.

Hello: You are going to love HS-6 for 9mm major. I use it with 115 grain bullets. I am using Auto Comp right now and like it also. It is a little cleaner than HS-6 and you use less of it to make major. Silhouette is nice but I don't like the reverse temp sensitive. Thanks, Eric

I use n105 for 38 super loads and it is by far the cleanest powder I have used to date. After a couple hundred rounds the gun is surprisingly clean. I will say I doesn't meter as well as I would like due to it being pellet shaped but I don't plan on changing my load because of it.

I guess I'm the only one using 700X. I only started reloading about a year ago and HS6 would have been my first choice if I could have found a decent amount or regular supply so I settled with 700X as I managed to find a good amount of it around.

I'm shooting 38SC using 5.6 gr. under a 147 gr. coated bullet and I've found it to chrono within 10fps and averages 1180 FPS for a 173 PF. I've found this combo to produce very little smoke and shoot flat. It is a messy powder being a disc but on my Dillon 1050 it meters very well and spot checks have shown 5.6 gr. throughout the batches I reload.