Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Birdshot question

FireShooter

I accidentally bought a box of these my last trip to Academy (a box got mixed in with the Super Sporting Clay.) My M2 hung up about every 3rd shot with these. There's just not enough push in them to cycle the action reliably.

Hahahahaha, I'm pretty sure that the orriginal Benelli master built mine. All these guys like Benny, Mike, and Taran had to learn it from someone. I'm told he is still around and even posts on here on occasion.

BTW.... Mike is a great amigo of mine.....thats why I said you only need 1 foot per second more than a well built gun.....hmm.....might just have been messing with Mike.

Edited by kurtm

Range Report:

The Winchester Featherlites would not cycle the M2. The softest shooting shells that would cycle reliable were the Federal Top Gun #8, 7/8 oz, 2.75 DRAM. The Rios were a close second, however there was more recoil impulse with the 1 1/8 oz shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those shells will cycle great....right up until the time they don't.....which is usual sometime after the load and make ready at any major match!

Tom over at M.O.A. had a great little post on what it takes to run an inertia system. It should be pinned to the top of any thread that deals with inertia guns. Several really good gunsmiths and Benelli guys have already chimed in here as to what it takes to be reliable in an inertia system, but I hope your's is the exception to the rule

Tom at M.O.A. ? got a link?

Moaprecision.com his intertia post is somewhere towards the end of the m3000 thread

Edit: he has a short post on his tinkering with an inertia system based AR on post #1945 in the m3000 thread. Not sure if he wrote another one somewhere else or not.

Edited by Punkface

• 6 months later...