Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Remington Defense Fallen Brethren 3Gun Challenge

Leupold is bringing two really cool optics to the match for folks to look at and shoot with. The first is the Devo unit. You'll love this thing. The second is a new reticle design that's in the evaluation mode. Leupold's John Snodgrass won't tell me any more about it than that. You'll probably want to bring an extra magazine of 5.56 to LIVE DEMO these optics.

-6-

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All shooters (and their guests) will need to have a release form signed. Please follow this link, print and sign.

We will be collecting them at the gate Friday morning.

http://fb3gun.com/custom-1/FB3G-Libality-Release.pdf

Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you this weekend.

-6-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thursday

0800 - RO's show time to shoot.

1300-1700: Range opens to all to pick up match bags and match booklets. Last minute squadding issues handled. You may walk the stages. T-shirts will be on sale.

1800-2000: Shooter issues handled at Match Hotel (Quality Inn)

1930-2030: RO meeting at Match Hotel (Quality Inn). Pick up VertX pants & shirts.

1800: Gates closed to public.

I won't arrive in Bridgeport till 18:00 on Thurs. Can we pick up match bags & match booklets at the Quality Inn that evening?

Edited by GSonnen

We are in the process of cleaning out squad 16. Those shooters in squad 16 have been emailed. Please do not move into squad 16. Your entry will be deleted, leaving you squad-less. Thank you.

-6-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son and I are in squad 16 and I have not gotten an e-mail. We would like to stay on Jason T's squad wherever we get moved.

Gerrit

Still on the road, but not too long left!

Had a great time! Thanks to Jim, Brooke, Sheldon, Shane and the crew...Sandra and Russell and everyone for all their hard work!

As I said on facebook, this was a fun match with a really great atmosphere...definitely a throwback to the good old days of 3-Gun!

I know Spartan worked so hard to make the targets visible, and they were! Once in a while, sun still tricky, but can't fix that!

Things ran ahead of schedule...lots of smiles and good times.

Can't say enough about the amazing squad 7!! What a fun group...and good shooters, too! Put me to shame! We got to shoot with some friends from Colorado, North Dakota, the Czech Republic...and a couple other places I forgot! :surprise:

The squads in front of us and behind us were great fun as well!!

Thanks to the RO's for working so hard and calling hits on pistol steel! :devil:

Jim - will send AAR soon, but really was a good match! See you next year!

Thanks to everyone for all the smiles and fun times!!! :cheers:

:wub: Denise - Top Lady Heavy Tactical...well, only lady heavy Tactical and Brad beat me - dang it! :roflol:

Happy 16th birthday to our squad Goddess Zoey, and a late birthday to that Deane Guy! :goof:

Thanks to ALL the amazing sponsors! I don't want to just go from memory and I don't have my match booklet, but you all are so appreciated!!! Your generosity is definitely noted! :bow:

Edited by Benelli Chick

This was the best ran match I've ever attended. There was enough time between the stages to rest and not rush if you had to shoot first. We never backed up on another squad, every stage we started at the latest on time. I think we only had two stoppages, one target failure that was fixed very quickly and maybe a reshoot on our squad. Very smooth running.

The stages were great, slug heavy, and unfortunately I'm terrible with a shotgun. But the rifle stages were great, pistol was well mixed in.

Being able to see the targets was great, and I don't think it made the shots any easier, it just made it so you could actually try at the shots.

Calling the shots on non-falling steel was great, I remember last year stage 4 or so we had to shoot across the creek at some auto-poppers and they wern't calling hits and that was extremely frustrating as lots of "leg" shots seemed to happen.

And stage 9 was great as always (I say that probably only because it was my best stage) 600 yards is a long way and a good target!

Last year, a few of us gave suggestions to Jim about how to make the match better and how to make it run smoother.......this was my first experience with a match director who wrote everything down, took notes, modified those ideas, and made changes that made the match awesome!

The backers in the long range steel worked exactly like we suggested it would, and pretty much everyone seemed to really appreciate it. The outlining for slug vs rifle/pistol steel seemed to work really well in my opinion. I ALWAYS like to see more shotgun, but I didn't really have any issues with the percentages and layouts. The full sprint shotgun runs were a blast on stages 2 and 3.

AAR will be inbound to Mr Smith as soon as I can put it together on a stage by stage basis.......but it's gonna be awful short this year! Damn fine work in putting on one of the best matches I've shot this year, and I've shot a LOT of matches this year!

Thank you to Leupold Optics, Remington Defense, and all the other sponsors that helped make the prize table solid and the match awesome!

Agreed, the adjustments based on past feedback were very visible and appreciated. Stages were fun, and I thought crafted well to make all types of shooters be set up for success. Great job all around!

Feedback inbound later.

I want to thank all the sponsors , Ro's, and people that made this a great match. Again Texas and all the locals were fantastic . I picked up a vertx range bag off the prize table a great bag thanks vertx. Also shot with a awesome group of guys squad 19 thanks for making the trip enjoyable. Hope to see everyone next year. Kenny from SDak

I wanted to thank Jim Smith, Sheldon Compton, Brooke Hammond, Sandra Ordvig and all the rest of the staff for making this year's match a great one. They worked hard to fix all the problems from last year and did a great job. The match ran very smoothly with very few hiccups. I had a blast! It was extremely cool to be on a squad when a large portion of the shooters finished in the top 35. Being able to watch Nick Atkinson power his way to another win was incredible. So much to learn from watching these guys break down and shoot stages! Plus our squad was also extremely hard working! Every one worked hard. It made for a great weekend! Thanks to everyone for everything!

I also had a lot of fun at this year as well. The targets were easy to find and in the right proportion as far as the breakdown per gun. It is pretty difficult to come up with a criticism for the match as a whole, but the one thing that I noticed was the simplicity of the stages. I know that with natural terrain, options are not always easy, but it seemed like the stages were set up so that pretty much everybody had to run them exactly the same way. There were very few opportunities to vary your stage plan from what everybody else was doing. I would like to see that changed next year. Stage planning is as important as every other skill in shooting competition and this match took away the need for a plan. Just watch the guy in front of you and try to do the same thing only faster. Other than that, it was top notch. Thanks to Jim, the staff, and all of the sponsors - especially DSG for my awesome prize table pull.