Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Remington Defense Fallen Brethren 3Gun Challenge

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reviewed the Tac-Heavy equipment rules. Not seeing any minimum caliber or magazine capacity restrictions for the pistol. Does that mean a Glock 9mm with 140mm hi-cap mags is ok?

Also wondering if when shooting this division with a minor pistol, the 1 shot on paper to neutralize rule still applies.

Not trying to stir up a bucket... Just want to be clear.

Really looking fwd to this match.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heavy is .45 acp pistol, .308 rifle, and 12 gauge pump shotgun.

Mag capacity depends on heavy division.

Look at 3 gun nation rules section 7.4 (heavy sport)and 7.5 ( heavy optics)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are the rules.

http://www.fb3gun.com/Rules.html

Jesse & I are both looking at the rules posted on the website...

It looked to me like maybe something had been missed, hence the original question.

Either way, I'll adapt... Their match, their rules.

Reviewed the Tac-Heavy equipment rules. Not seeing any minimum caliber or magazine capacity restrictions for the pistol. Does that mean a Glock 9mm with 140mm hi-cap mags is ok?

Also wondering if when shooting this division with a minor pistol, the 1 shot on paper to neutralize rule still applies.

Not trying to stir up a bucket... Just want to be clear.

Really looking fwd to this match.

Heavy is .45 acp pistol, .308 rifle, and 12 gauge pump shotgun.

Mag capacity depends on heavy division.

Look at 3 gun nation rules section 7.4 (heavy sport)and 7.5 ( heavy optics)

Here are the rules.

http://www.fb3gun.com/Rules.html

Good post THE RULES.

As we read, there is no Heavy, Heavy Metal Limited----------- Tactical Heavy Scope

I always find it amusing, when Shooting and or RO'ing a match and people start quoting rules from other matches.

It’s like quoting the rules of the road for the Moon.

Are you on the Moon, right now?

Like I said, Good post

THE RULES!

I am sure you are correct Charlie, In Heavy Tac Optics, otherwise known as 1/3 Heavy Metal, at this match you may use mouse pistols and auto loading shotguns. As for the scoring, I think in the past they have only allowed heavy type scoring on paper to appy only to 308 rifles and 45 pistols...Big holes, less needed, small holes, more needed. ?

Will be good to see you Charlie! Oh, and by the way, Denise will be shooting that division too...?

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

I have read the heavy rules for 3GN lately but they are pretty different as they are trying to combine the two divisions into one if memory serves me correctly.

I am surprised that a Heavy Optics shooter using a 9mm with 24-25 rounds gets to shoot one anywhere on paper to neutralize.

Might be a fun experiment for HO shooters to have the option of shooting a 9mm with hi cap mags and needing two hits anywhere or shooting a .45 w/10 round mags only needing one hit anywhere.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Might be a fun experiment for HO shooters to have the option of shooting a 9mm with hi cap mags and needing two hits anywhere or shooting a .45 w/10 round mags only needing one hit anywhere.

I think this is the way they have been doing it, however, not many HO shooters use 45...

I think this is the way they have been doing it, however, not many HO shooters use 45...
Guess it depends on the number of paper targets versus steel. Might be fun to be able to use both depending on the stage.

Maybe I am mis-reading, but I didn't mean to imply that they allow pistol changes during the match, gotta choose one and go do it. Changing between 9mm or 45 according to stage? Nope...

Eta, my meaning was that in the past I think a couple of HO guys used 45s, and that they might have been scored as heavy on the pistol paper...

Edited by RiggerJJ

Being the He-Manly old cuss that I am, I think I'll shoot my .45 'cause it's fun [emoji106][emoji2][emoji106] This will also help me to feel better when and if I get beat by a retired schoolmarm [emoji102][emoji51][emoji30]

Being the He-Manly old cuss that I am, I think I'll shoot my .45 'cause it's fun [emoji106][emoji2][emoji106] This will also help me to feel better when and if I get beat by a retired schoolmarm [emoji102][emoji51][emoji30]

:roflol::roflol: You haven't seen me shoot lately! "Practice" I don't need no stinkin' practice!

I'm just shooting Heavy because I love the JP .308 - I can shoot my regular pistol and shotgun - and I get to the prize table sooner. Same prize, but I don't have to wait so long to get it as I do in Tac-Ops! :devil:

Whatever happenned to the old saying, "The only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked"?

It's not impossible to overlook something in, or misinterpret, the written rules. Better to ask for clarification than to make an assumption, and discover that it's false when the RO starts marking penalties on your score sheet.

Hence the request for clarification/confirmation: Rule 6.1.1.4 states "Heavy Tac Ops and Heavy Metal divisions will require only 1 hit inside the scoring area to nuetralize." Does that rule apply to pistol as well as rifle (especially since the pistol, in Heavy Tac Ops, can be a high-cap 9)?

That is a perfectly valid question, and one I wonder about myself since I am shooting in that division. And all you guys can offer is, "Go read the rules"? It was reading the rules that precipitated the question in the first place!

What needs to happen is for a match official to chime in here and offer an authoritative answer to this legitimate question.

There! I'll get off my soap box. :-)

Looking forward to seeing everybody and shooting the match!

Tommy

Whatever happenned to the old saying, "The only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked"?

It's not impossible to overlook something in, or misinterpret, the written rules. Better to ask for clarification than to make an assumption, and discover that it's false when the RO starts marking penalties on your score sheet.

Hence the request for clarification/confirmation: Rule 6.1.1.4 states "Heavy Tac Ops and Heavy Metal divisions will require only 1 hit inside the scoring area to nuetralize." Does that rule apply to pistol as well as rifle (especially since the pistol, in Heavy Tac Ops, can be a high-cap 9)?

That is a perfectly valid question, and one I wonder about myself since I am shooting in that division. And all you guys can offer is, "Go read the rules"? It was reading the rules that precipitated the question in the first place!

What needs to happen is for a match official to chime in here and offer an authoritative answer to this legitimate question.

There! I'll get off my soap box. :-)

Looking forward to seeing everybody and shooting the match!

Tommy

I have no problem with questions,,, I ask them all the time,,,

The BUG,,,, is when someone starts quoting rules,, from other matches.

Jim!