Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision AR Trigger

blairmckenzie1

I put together a 6.5 grendel to shoot some longer range stuff. I've always had good luck with CMC triggers for all my rifles but the 3.5-4lb pull is a little rough for the long stuff. I've always liked single stage triggers for the predictable break. Any recommendations for a much lighter trigger?

For Geissele, I would stick with the National Match triggers. Great adjustability and just a better overall feel. Personally, I'm happy with my results with the AR Gold. First stage just gives you a feel for contact with the trigger and the second stage gives a light and predictable break.

In my .204 Ruger AR, I have a AR gold set to 2 lbs. It is two stage and gives good feel and light pull for precision. In my 3 gun rifle I shoot a single stage JP to have the fast no movement trigger for quick target doubles.

The Rise Armament RA-535 trigger is supposed be a really nice trigger.

I know a few people that have taken out their AR Gold trigger and replaced it with a Rise Armament RA-535 because they like it better.

No votes for JP? I really like my JP easy trigger for single stage, although I kinda prefer a 2 stage for precision work and single stage for fast 3 gun type shooting. Its hard to get an AR trigger to be even close to a good bolt gun trigger, especially if you tickle a jewel trigger :)

No votes for JP? I really like my JP easy trigger for single stage, although I kinda prefer a 2 stage for precision work and single stage for fast 3 gun type shooting. Its hard to get an AR trigger to be even close to a good bolt gun trigger, especially if you tickle a jewel trigger :)

I have 3 JP triggers and they are my top pick for 3 gun and general use, but if you want a lightweight precision trigger the Jard is the way to go. It's the closest I've seen to a good bolt gun trigger. I've had both and put the Jard over the Jewell trigger in AR's. The Jewell AR trigger is a finicky piece that is hard to get to stay in adjustment and is also temperature sensitive. The Jard I set once and have used for years for hunting coyotes at -20º to P-dogs at over 100º.

I haven't tried a Jewell for reference, but closest I've gotten to a bolt action trigger in an AR is a Wilson Combat TTU Single Stage.

Jewell makes great bolt gun triggers, their AR trigger, not so much. The weight changed too much. Not an issue in some games, but, in Highpower it's not a good thing.

Agreed.....I fought with one for 2 years before sending it down the road. For as good as the Jewell trigger is in my 700, you'd think they could do better with the AR.

No love for the AR Gold? I have one in my 6.5 and LOVE it. I feel triggers are shooter preference. Maybe try to find some to play with and see what you like the most.

I also feel like I should now try a Elfmann Trigger.....

I've used the AR Gold across two rifles. For careful or long range shots, I get set up, take up that tiny bit pre-travel, and then "think" of the shot happening.....BANG. So, I happen to like them.

If you are really going to use this rifle for precision shooting as opposed to something like 3-gun or tactical, then you really should think about a 2-stage match trigger like the Geissele. You will get a much smoother pull from it than a one stage