Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Navy SEAL Foundation Trident 3 Gun Challenge at ACADEMI- Moyock VA

I spoke to Charles this week and everything is still on. No drama, just busy lives.

There should be a registration announcement "soon". I understand the frustration and wish I could give you a concrete date. All I can say is that a lot of work is going in to making this inaugural event something special for everyone. It should be worth the wait.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folk registration open this week on Tarheel3gun.com. Thanks to those that offered info. To set the record straight there is NOT ANY match ADMIN concerns regarding Tarheel3gun, such as registration... We do more major and monthly matches than most and have zero admin or execution issues. Year To date we are on our 7th major and 11th monthly, processing over 1800 shooters year to date. The delay was a matter of getting the detail right.. Some of this was out of our control.

So if you desire Accurate info about this event you need to go to Tarheel3gun.com or look for posts on Tarheel3gun Facebook or my Facebook page. I will not be posting or check this thread often. My email is charles@tarheel3gun.com.

Edited by csole

Looks like a bunch of slots remaining.

Well I am in, I hope enough people sign up to make this a go.

I think it will be fine. Considering it's a first annual match and its competing against Blue Ridge, the early numbers look good. I'm in and paid for.

Now paid.

With Tarheel running things and Academi's (nee Blackwater) facilities, it should be a great match.

N of sure what the official march hotel might be, but Virginia Breach has lots of hotels, and October is past the end of tourist session, so the rates should be lower.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few questions about this match. I would appreciate it if someone could answer these. I sent emails to Charles and the Tarheel 3-gun "info" email address a while ago. But I never got a response.

Will participants be able to shoot the match in one day, or will they have to shoot over two days?
Approximately how many stages will there be and what is the maximum distance? I know these aren't set now. But I want to at least get an idea of whether the longest rifle shot will be something like 150 yards or 500 yards . . . I've been to the facility before, so I know the possibilities could be wide open (literally).
Thanks.

Joe Mamma

Edited by Joe Mamma

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting pumped....and I'd love to support our SEALS. Thank you for doing this!

Will SEALS or other Military Personnel be helping with the match?

Will the Tier 1 training location have long range steel?

Are the closest airports Norfolk and Richmond?

Thank you

Newport News/Williamsburg airport (PHF) too.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Sport using Tapatalk.

Edited by Jeff82

I'm getting pumped....and I'd love to support our SEALS. Thank you for doing this!

Will SEALS or other Military Personnel be helping with the match?

Will the Tier 1 training location have long range steel?

Are the closest airports Norfolk and Richmond?

Thank you

Newport News/Williamsburg airport (PHF) too.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Sport using Tapatalk.

Norfolk has the advantage of being on the same side of the James River as Moyock, so you don't have to fight traffic through the Tunnel on a Friday afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

I registered for the match, and I am waiting to pay. So where are all the cool kids staying? On site or off? How's the food and lodging on site? What are the options off site? Thanks.

I currently plan on staying onsite in my RV. I may decide at a later date to drive and stay in a hotel. Hotels have issues that traveling as a turtle I don't generally experience. Looking at the map, it would appear that the nearest off site lodging is 40 minutes minimum. That is almost an hour of shut-eye time when you add in the load out and account for possible traffic.

It looks like they do have some pretty decent onsite housing as well.

My question here is do we contact them direct regarding lodging? or do we go through Charles?