Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Navy SEAL Foundation Trident 3 Gun Challenge at ACADEMI- Moyock VA

Charles,

Are there any more details about the match? I saw details about the foundation but not much about the match/format/slots/stages.

MATCH FEE $280

The match will be held at a Tier 1 Training Location pretty much state of the art ranges, on location housing and food. The prize table will be VERY deep with some interesting sponsorship...as for the stages "unlike the average event", mostly because of the awesome location but remember this is about honoring Navy SEALs....

Here is a taste of what went down at a similar event we did to honor Duskin and Stephens US Army SF Members...

http://youtu.be/M1iOEMvpTo8

This looks like a BLAST! I can't wait to make it out for this match!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did and got this back

please forward this email to solejr@gmail.com to contact Charles Sole. Sorry any inconvenience this might cause. Or you may call him at 919-201-7990.

Which I also did,
I guess next step is to call the number.
A buddy who signed up the night before I did, says he's been getting reminders to pay about every couple of days, he was waiting til I got in. I think he's made other plans now and isn't going.

Charles is likely traveling to Tulsa this week for the 3GN pro series. He usually replys to my texts even when I send inappropriate pics.

Maybe send him one for me . . . . . .

Send him one and alert him there is a guy . . .

Give him a heads up . .

:surprise:

UH, never mind.

Just alert him of the situation.

We're about 3 weeks out from the match (as well as past the 35-day prior no-refund point) and we still have no official details - is anyone else concerned about this?

The match link in the first post from February 3, 2015 is still broken.

Here's another example:

EVERY PERSON THAT ENTERS ACADEMI MUST BE ON THE ACCESS LIST, TO INCLUDE SPECTATORS, MINORS AND VENDORS!!!! You do have to stop on entry and be checked against the access list, there will be extra staff on hand to make this process as efficient as possible. That is one reason that sign up hasn't gone live yet, Charles and crew are trying to make the process smooth so you don't have to submit multiple forms. The check they do is not very intrusive. If you can legally own a firearm, you're good to go. If you can't legally own a firearm, you are not allowed on the site. Pretty simple.

Match sign up was not opened until the 24th of June and there was nothing mentioned about spectators. Are spectators welcome? If so, how do they get on the access list?

Will we be able to haul gear in our vehicles, will we need carts, or will we need to carry our gear on our backs?

What is the shooting schedule? Sunup to sundown? (07:15 to 18:25 that weekend)

What gear are we going to need? Slings on rifles? Slings on shotguns? ...

We're about 3 weeks out from the match (as well as past the 35-day prior no-refund point) and we still have no official details - is anyone else concerned about this?

The match link in the first post from February 3, 2015 is still broken.

Here's another example:

EVERY PERSON THAT ENTERS ACADEMI MUST BE ON THE ACCESS LIST, TO INCLUDE SPECTATORS, MINORS AND VENDORS!!!! You do have to stop on entry and be checked against the access list, there will be extra staff on hand to make this process as efficient as possible. That is one reason that sign up hasn't gone live yet, Charles and crew are trying to make the process smooth so you don't have to submit multiple forms. The check they do is not very intrusive. If you can legally own a firearm, you're good to go. If you can't legally own a firearm, you are not allowed on the site. Pretty simple.

Match sign up was not opened until the 24th of June and there was nothing mentioned about spectators. Are spectators welcome? If so, how do they get on the access list?

Will we be able to haul gear in our vehicles, will we need carts, or will we need to carry our gear on our backs?

What is the shooting schedule? Sunup to sundown? (07:15 to 18:25 that weekend)

What gear are we going to need? Slings on rifles? Slings on shotguns? ...

Hadn't seen the spectator thing , my wife was planning on coming along. So I'm interested in this as well.

Those who have shot there before , can you shed any light on how it's done ?

"Hadn't seen the spectator thing , my wife was planning on coming along. So I'm interested in this as well.

Those who have shot there before , can you shed any light on how it's done ?"

It's pretty simple. If I recall correctly they just need the name, DOB and address of everyone attending. They run their check and add you to the access list. When you get to the facility, they check the list and give you an access card. Not too bad.

I would expect an email in the next week or so with instructions on how they plan to execute all of that. As Jesse pointed out, Charles is probably wrapped up with the 3GN match and he's got the Hiper Fire match closing in quickly too. Anyone that's attended a match Charles runs can tell you that everything will fall in to place.

For ammo, I plan on bringing 300 pistol, 300 rifle, 200 bird and 40 slugs. That's my standard load out for a major match and I've never run into an issue of not having enough ammo. I also always bring a sling for both long guns, it's just easier that way. My guess is that we'll need slings for rifles, not sure that we'll need them for shotgun. I'm also planning to work from my vehicle. Academi is huge, there will be room. Nothing I've heard from Charles indicates any scenario where you are carrying all your kit or anything like that.

There are two matches back to back, Blue Ridge the same weekend you already have scheduled off and the following week is the NC Recon.

I would like to know the reason for the cancellation. Thankfully so long as my money is returned I have no cost involved. I was driving in and I can just re-figure my work schedule. Others may not be so lucky, airfares, Hotels Car rentals etc. Not all are always fully refundable. Hope everyone gets their investments back.