Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doublestar Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Oct 15-17, 2015 at Rockcastle

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking at some videos posted from this match makes it a must shoot for next year. Any idea of the 2016 date?

Let them finish this years match first!

Blue Ridge is a very good match, all natural terrain. Andy likes to throw in some things not usually seen in 3 gun. One thing I'd recommend is make sure you have a sling for both long guns.

Best all around BRM since it came to KY....and I believe the consensus was, the hardest as well.

Aint that the truth!

Best stages and the most fun I've ever shot at BRM. Andy and crew, along with the RO staff have outdone themselves with this one.

And what about that perfect weather!

This was my first BRM3G. I really enjoyed this match. All of the stages(except for stage 2) were awesome. The RO's did a great job too. I loved the challenges that this match presented form the 50 yd pistol shots at mini USPSA steel to climbing the wall. And as Steve mentioned, the weather was excellent right up till Sat evening.

I also enjoyed getting to know the guys in squad 11. I'm certain that I saw moments of excellence (as well as mediocrity) in just about everyone at some point. :D

I absolutely loved the stages, even stage 2. It's not often pure marksmanship is tested.

Huge thanks to Paul Winters and his welding skills. And Mike Oberman for bringing me lunch every day with a smile. Well, I'm not sure he was smiling, but I like to pretend that's what's hiding behind that mustache. Thanks to Paul and Brett for supporting the ROs in the Range Master duties too. And thanks to Andy for giving us challenging stages. Stages 1, 6, and 9 were my favorites.

This match has one of the hardest working RO crews of any match in the country. With average stage times around 200 seconds per stage, that's a lot of RO'ing.

I also want to thank the competitors. I've worked this match 7 years now- very rarely this year did anyone need reminding on my stage that there were targets to reset. I'm pretty sure you guys got almost all the shotshell hulls picked up at Cowboy Town too. As a local that considers Rockcastle my home, I appreciate you all helping make it look nice.

Bob Hundley stepped up the food this year and I had some absolutely delicious meals at Rockcastle. Nick, Nate, Amy, Marilyn and the rest of the staff treated everyone great. I liked the band that played Friday night too.

Andy outdid himself this year. What a match!

This was my 5th BRM3G and reminds me why if there were only one match a year I could go to why it would be this one! Huge thanks to all the RO's and staff, this is a challenging match to shoot, but it's even tougher to run some of those stages 200 times after you set them up and shot 'em yourself.

Thanks to all the generous sponsors, especially Vortex Optics for my new addition.

I don't know which quote was better after I shot Stage 1 and jumped out of the loft beside the ladder:

RO: "Dude, you scared the crap out of me, I seriously thought you fell"

Squad mate: "Soooo, did you actually just sling your rifle while you were in the air?" "Yes, yes I did..."

If the 2016 match was tomorrow, I'd be packing the truck right now!!

Fun match! The 3 days flew by, because of the fun I had and also my excitement was only intensified by the shooters in my squad and others I observed while moving to and from the stages. This was the first Blue Ridge that I shot, and it was a HOOT!!!!!!!! Thank You, to all of the RO's, range Masters, the photographers, statistician and Sponsors of the match from the Title Sponsor to the Contributors. A Big Thanks to Mr. Andy Horner, for his time and effort for a match that renewed my enjoyment of this sport of 3 gunning!

Andy is going to have his work cut out for him for 2016 to make the match even tougher!!! This was my second year at BRM and I will continue to come back year after year for Andy's matches. You don't get what he puts into a stage at any other major match on this side of the country, I am assuming Iron Man is similar.

Thank you to all the ROs for all their hard work all week long and to Rockcastle for letting Andy play around on their facility yet again. Andy has my following for sure, if he puts on any other matches of a similar format, you can bet that I will show up with at least a couple other Michigan shooters.

On Stage 2, can anyone remember the sequence? It went so fast, it was a blur... I remember @175 yards, 3 rifle standing, then 3 rifle freestyle @175, then run to 150yds, and 4 rounds freestyle... kinda gets fuzzy after that... I know we shot pistols from back there, long before we got to the 75yd line, and retrieved shotguns...

On Stage 2, can anyone remember the sequence? It went so fast, it was a blur... I remember @175 yards, 3 rifle standing, then 3 rifle freestyle @175, then run to 150yds, and 4 rounds freestyle... kinda gets fuzzy after that... I know we shot pistols from back there, long before we got to the 75yd line, and retrieved shotguns...

I was wondering, I wanted to run it on my own and incorporate it into my training regimen. All I can recall is what you just listed lol.

This was my 4th BRM3G and definitely my favorite. It was tougher than in years past. I little bit more movement, but nothing super crazy. Like a couple others have said, if I could only shoot one match a year, this would definitely be it. Andy and staff did an awesome job. Hat's off to the ROs to ran those crazy long courses time after time for 5 days.

I loved stage 2. I would have done better had I not loaded a slug backwards ( and off the clock too, what an idiot). I thought it was a very cool test of marksmanship that we don't ever really have in our matches. Not having the report of a steel target meant you had to strictly apply fundamentals instead of hosing until you got a ding. I wouldn't mind seeing a "standards" type stage more often.

I thought the match was fantastic. Difficult, and AHorner is making me a better shooter as he stretches my abilities and knowledge. I thought stage 2 was a good change in pace and once again I'm asking around if I needed to adjust hold over on pistol shots. I found myself wanting to shoot every stage again, immediately after finishing each stage. Even, the two I effed up royally. Squad 11 was great, even the Canadiens represented well and were a pleasure to shoot with. I'll be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk