Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doublestar Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Oct 15-17, 2015 at Rockcastle

Hi Folks,

Registration for the 2015 Doublestar Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship is now open. The match is held over the natural terrain of Rockcastle Shooting Center in Park City, KY. For those new to the BRM3G, the match is a little more physically demanding with a higher round count than many 3-gun matches. You can check out lots of videos on YouTube to watch some action from the last few years. See BRM3G.COM for updates such as stages and round count when they become available.

We plan to have a side shoot in the cave this year for those who haven’t had the experience of blasting away underground and those who want to try it again. Several options are being considered for the stage, but the final design will depend on the goodies we can round up. Half the proceeds from the side shoot will go to the Task Force Dagger Foundation, and the other half will be divided in a Lewis system payout to participants.

The band is being contacted to play again on Friday night, and a dinner will be provided on Saturday before the auction and awards.

You can register for the match at: Register for the Doublestar Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship. Registration is open for everyone, and payment is required to register. Once you are ‘approved’ into the match, an email will be sent which will allow you to self-squad.

We will be raffling off an AR pistol or a rifle to benefit the Task Force Dagger Foundation again this year. Only 250 tickets are going to be available at $20 each on a first come first served basis. Tickets and match T-shirts can be ordered by visiting Our Online Store when you register and later if you forget to order them at registration.

We may have some openings on our RO staff, so if you are interested send me an email with a brief list of your RO experience.

If you have any questions, email me at afh3g@yahoo.com. I do not look at or respond to PMs on this forum.

Andy

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I still have Kentucky mud on the truck from the last time... lol.

'Looking forward to another great BRM3G.

When I got back last year it took 25 bucks at the pressure washer, and i still had mud all over, plus I needed to have ll my tires rebalanced, that shit sticks worse than bacon to arteries

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't miss this match. Shot it for my first time last year. Let's hope the attendance for this match is not reduced due to another match, on the same weekend, in the same area of the country...

• 4 weeks later...

I spent the day last Saturday at Rockcastle enjoying the sound of freedom with some friends that have gotten into the game of 3 gun only over the last year or so. We were in Thunder Valley and I told them stories of the great stages we've shot at the Tobacco Barn, up in the cedar thicket on the right side hill, and the crazy long range standards stage from a few years back. I took them to the cave, and told them as far as I know, Andy was the first MD to ever come up with the idea of shooting in a cave during a match. (It really was one of those almost unbelievable stages when we first saw it.) We walked through the small field down near the stage that was shotgun and pistol through the ravine, with long range rifle out of the foxhole at the end. And I told them about 100 different ways the bathhouse has been used. All good memories of wonderful matches.

I'm not one to rush things, especially Spring and Summer, but I can't wait for October. If any of you shooters that have never shot Blue Ridge are on the fence, do it! I owe Andy, The Nobles, and Rockcastle Shooting Center most of the credit for me loving this game- Blue Ridge Mountain was a springboard into what's been now a 7 year passion.

Edited by Bryan 45

Agreed Bryan!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3gun is THE match to attend east of the Mississippi! I have been to each and every one and we will be back again this year! Natural terrain each stage, Muiti guns each stage, 40-50 targets each stage, running for 100 yards and beyond each stage, REAL long range rifle shooting, (and even some long pistol and slugs),etc!!! can't hate it!

(Seems its the only way for me to get to see the Br(y/i)ans and their better halves , can't get them to come to the west side of the river... :) )

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

Blue Ridge is an amazing match. This was the last match I shot last year for my first year of majors, started the year out at TFD and finished at Blue Ridge, I don't think I will ever be able to top last year. Andy's matches are THE matches to attend for sure.

As long as Andy is willing to bust his butt to put this match together, I will be at every one. It is a match that I will not miss due to conflicting match dates.

Thanks for the kind words!

There are still a few slots left before we have to hold the remaining ones for sponsor slots, but I wouldn't wait too much longer. I'll be at Rockcastle designing stages Monday and Tuesday, right after the NRA Convention. It will take several weeks to get them finalized and posted, but getting the details right is part of the fun!

Andy

Finally on the mend after being sick for the 2014 season and the first match big match I signed up for is Andy's Blueridge. This match has it all and I can't wait to get back in the saddle and see some old friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, should've known you were at the Rock after the NRA show Andy. I was only 1.5 hours away!!!

People that have never shot BRM3G should do so! This was my real intro into 3Gun! Finished the first one on a broken foot, but I finished it! Worked the last one as RO. Great experiences with great people! Hope to be there again for this year!

• 3 weeks later...

I just registered for this match. It will be my first BRM3G. I did shoot TFD last year and loved it. So I have an idea what to expect here. Looking forward to it.

Ryan this is TFD with hills. Only down side is it wont be anywhere near as hot as Blakely, GA in the summer time :roflol: It's an awesome match! You'll love it.