Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EASY sorting of 9mm brass

ohsevenflhx

I came across this video or one like it a year or so ago and it's a great way to get your 9mm brass ready to load. No more sneaky .380's or military crimped brass getting into my stuff any more.

I found .45 trays work a bit faster than .40's but both are good.

Edited by dave33

I came across this video or one like it a year or so ago and it's a great way to get your 9mm brass ready to load. No more sneaky .380's or military crimped brass getting into my stuff any more.

I found .45 trays work a bit faster than .40's but both are good.

Me too. I also like using the white trays more than the black ones. It makes everything brighter and easier to see.

Fiocchi ammo. Just threw a bunch out.

I use the MTM 100 plastic 9mm containers for counting and loading. I only have a single stage press so I hand prime, throw them primer up in the tray, once it's full close it and flip it over and open the case and pick up the brass to be loaded from the Lyman powder funnel, then into the press. From the press back into the same MTM case, primer up, till I can flip it over to finally crimp and be done with them. Saves space on my small bench, and rarely have time to load more than 100 at a time. ( need a Dillon 550b )

I hate .380 brass.

I agree, 380 brass needs to disentegrate upon firing. I have loaded up a couple of 147gr 9x17 cartridges with too much powder. Thankfully they are easy to spot once the ammo box is filled up. Amazingly what goes through my 550 when I am on cruise control.

I hate .380 brass.

I agree, 380 brass needs to disentegrate upon firing. I have loaded up a couple of 147gr 9x17 cartridges with too much powder. Thankfully they are easy to spot once the ammo box is filled up. Amazingly what goes through my 550 when I am on cruise control.
I've had a few .380s slip into my 550, luckily they don't feel same when they go into the sizer.

Found this on youtube, it works great to find 380's, and 38 supers mixed in your 9mm brass, and to check head stamps.

I use the same method too. Works great. Easy to sort by head stamp and bad cases. I also use this to count the brass when I need to have a 1k batch.

I use a .45 storage case...same idea. Easily allows picking out the .38 super and 9x21. Another neat trick for sorting .38 super from super comp is to use a .40 case. The rimless super comp will fit into the end of the .40 case, the super will not.

• 3 weeks later...

And to complicate matters, there are some European .380's with a 9mm BR C on the headstamp. Stands for "British Corto (short)", I think. Probably why Leadhammer threw out the Fiocci brass. That's what I found it on.

OT

To easy. Get a twelve pack of your favorite beer and go through them one by one. :)

Yeah, I tried that twelve pack of beer method.... I managed to turn a five gallon bucket of "mixed" brass into five one-gallon buckets of "mixed" brass :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To easy. Get a twelve pack of your favorite beer and go through them one by one. :)

Yeah, I tried that twelve pack of beer method.... I managed to turn a five gallon bucket of "mixed" brass into five one-gallon buckets of "mixed" brass :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha:)