Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS magazine release... Outch!

YellowShooter

Got most of my parts in! And after installing the new thin aluminum grip the magazine release is diggin in my left palm not cool!

I looked at getting a regular CZ 75 release to get it on but according to CZC it would fit... Anyone had to same problem and a solution?

The extended release will also have to be shaved a bit...

2s9sm81.jpg

Thanks guys!

It hurts my hand also with the thin grips. I plan to cut it down a little and slant it when I grind off the front and rear checkering.

Yea I tought I couldn't live with the grenade patern but it's not that bad...

Now are you saying that there is no replacement part for that mag release? I rather not cut it...

That is the down side to thin grips.

Might want to try some grip tape on the grips. It will not add much thickness, but might be just enough depending on how you grip the gun.

Oh yea definitely! I am getting the gun cerakoted, thats why there is no tape on it =)

I am thinking just like the Sig Spartan with black controls!

Any got a saw I can borrow?

The factory mag release always dug into my hand as well. A couple times the magazine fell out during a match. Don't tell me I didn't

have the magazine seated, because on each occasion I had shot 4 to 6 rounds after the mag change, and then the magazine fell out. It was getting pressed into the meat of my hand. I removed the mag release button, and removed at least an 1/8' off the top, with a slight ergo angle, and reblued it. No problems now.

The factory mag release always dug into my hand as well. A couple times the magazine fell out during a match. Don't tell me I didn't

have the magazine seated, because on each occasion I had shot 4 to 6 rounds after the mag change, and then the magazine fell out. It was getting pressed into the meat of my hand. I removed the mag release button, and removed at least an 1/8' off the top, with a slight ergo angle, and reblued it. No problems now.

Slightly ergo angle?

I don't know who in the world can shoot this pistol with the factory mag release....seriously!

I almost drew blood the first time. I did a frame reduction this weekend and ground down and beveled the mag release as well. Went to the range for a test fire today and still am getting gouged in the meat of the left thumb. Guess it's time for a bit more grind. May need to just bevel it a bit more like shown two posts above.

I'm apparently a rare breed, I've never noticed the mag release. My strong hand thumb is on top of the safety and the meat of my weak hand thumb is tight underneath it with the rest of my thumb on the side of the frame (I'm a lefty so it lays nice and flat on the clean side of the frame). The mag release is closer to the web of my hand so it doesn't hurt at all.

Well it really depends... With the wood grip I am good, no poking no gouge... Now once I have installed the aluminum grip, it changed the whole thing! Ended up taking about 1/8 off and did a bit of the radius.

I did a small trigger guard under cut today, and will send it to PVD shortly, 2 weeks is going to be a loooooong wait.