Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 World Speed Shooting Championships (THE Steel Challenge)

danjordan78

I don't get on here much but it is quite sad to read about the issues with the Steel Challenge matches. I joined USPSA last year just so I could start finding out about local and regional Steel matches and this sucks!

I'm 60 and not interested in shooting USPSA, way too much running around, kneeling, backflips and somersaults for me! (Sarcasm)

I don't plan to renew USPSA membership unless they make an effort to promote SC matches.

Lee

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get on here much but it is quite sad to read about the issues with the Steel Challenge matches. I joined USPSA last year just so I could start finding out about local and regional Steel matches and this sucks!

I'm 60 and not interested in shooting USPSA, way too much running around, kneeling, backflips and somersaults for me! (Sarcasm)

I don't plan to renew USPSA membership unless they make an effort to promote SC matches.

Lee

If you live close enough to come I would like to invite you to come shoot steel challenge at Griffin Gun Club If you aren't already. It's a very well run match. We shoot official stages but I "think" he is running the monthly match as an outlaw. I "think" due to the fact that there is no benefit to sending results in to HQ and paying a fee.

Thanks for the invite! I try to get to Creekside (Taylorsville) for their steel matches but have managed to miss all of the ones this year due to weather or grandkids birthday events! I have shot the Glock-GSSF match at Griffin a few years ago. I live in Marietta but grew up on the Southside in Forest Park. A friend is a member @ Griffin GC.

Marietta wouldn't be a bad drive other than the whole getting on the other side of Atlanta ordeal. If a fellow wanted his fill of steel challenge he could shoot six stages with two guns on Friday afternoon and then repeat Saturday morning and again Saturday afternoon.

very true but if done anyway the membership would be making a point to leadership 'in general' ... you want to help lead USPSA? then be responsive to those who elected you ....

Keep the faith. It may be FUBAR right now but our candidates know we're mad and don't like it. Mark your calendar for Oct 23/24 2015. We will be hosting the South Carolina state steel challenge match at Palmetto Gun Club (Charleston, SC area). Come shoot with us.

I heard that The Steel Challenge will be the weekend of Nov. 14th at the Hogue Range in San Luis Obispo, Ca. This was from someone affiliated with the range, but i'm waiting to see it on the USPSA website.

Unfortunately, I think this is the same weekend as the Western States Single Stack Classic at Rio.

Seiichi

Lee

They run Steel Challenge the 2nd Sunday of the month at Cherokee Gun Club in Gainesville, Ga.

John Nagel runs it and they have 6 Stages always and you can shoot 2 Guns.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that The Steel Challenge will be the weekend of Nov. 14th at the Hogue Range in San Luis Obispo, Ca. This was from someone affiliated with the range, but i'm waiting to see it on the USPSA website.

Unfortunately, I think this is the same weekend as the Western States Single Stack Classic at Rio.

Seiichi

Any "Official" announcement yet?

Any "Official" announcement yet?

No, I'm sure USPSA will wait until about 2 weeks out to make an announcement. Then nobody will be able to afford airfare to get to the match and attendance will be even worse than the past few years. They still haven't even changed the WSSC website yet to say the Utah match has been cancelled. Way to be on top of things HQ.

• 3 weeks later...

I for one, am very excited that the Hogue range took this match. Didn't sound like there were too many fighting to get it, and would hate to see it die even more than it already has.

Morro Bay is a great little beach town, and the crew at that range is extremely passionate about Steel Challenge.

Other than the drive from a major airport, I can't think of anything to complain about with that location or the crew running it. Just hope USPSA holds up their end of the deal with prizes and promoting this match, it needs to return as the premier match that it once was.

• 1 month later...

As usual, haven't heard squat since they announced the new date and venue. Website has been minimally changed, but no registration forms, etc. Guess they will wait until a month before the match so airfare is beyond affordable. Can't wait for a new USPSA President...hopefully one that gives half a damn about Steel Challenge.