Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Experience with the CZ P01?

Gdub

My boss really likes the looks of the CZ P01 9 mm. He will mainly carry this gun in his truck plus some plinking. He won't have any work done to it so it would be out of the box. If anyone has any experience with one please give me some feed back.

Thanks,

I have one and like it. I use the same IWB holster for PO1 and SPO1 frame pistols. Accuracy is outstanding, on par with the SPO1 and AccuShadow.

Double action is heavier than the others, however it excels, like the other CZ's, in single action. There is room for all my fingers on the grip frame, big plus.

I think it's a great carry pistol. Hope this helps.

It is a great compact gun. Decocker is simple, no safety to worry about, and he could easily swap in a lighter mainspring of the double action pull is too heavy. Grip is the most comfortable I've found. Only thing to look at is if he has smaller hands (short fingers) getting a good trigger finger pad placement can be a bit of a stretch - might get more towards the tip of the finger which makes the double action feel even harder. It is designed as a police gun, so the factory double action is stout.

Mine is a carry gun to replace a Star Firestar Plus. Much more accurate, a little slimmer, and the trigger is much better.

I like everything about it. But at least for me the Shadow SA is more accurate. I have the same problem with all guns. I can shoot better with a longer barrel.

Many comment they are as accurate with a Commander as a Government 1911, standard CZ vs a compact. But that has never been my experience. I must need more practice.

Just got mine, but I have not CC it yet. My SDP is great at everything but not as good as my full size tanfolio sII. At least not in my hands in terms of speed and accuracy. Then again that is not what it was design for.

I hope that incog will make an iwb for it then it will be my CCG. I am not comfortable yet with anything other than a glock for that purpose. All in my head I guess.

I have wide hands but short fingers. Ergo is fantastic. I am new to it so still need some time with it.

Edited by dlightning

The P01 is a great gun. It feels great in the hand, and it hits where you point (assuming you have mastered the basics of a sound grip).

My personal feeling is if a weapon is for personal defense, don't skimp on a little money. That being said Cajun Gun Works offers two versions of this gun. A defensive carry package upgrade and a pro package upgrade. After a call to Cajun Gun Work and a pleasant conversation with Dave I chose the pro package. I could not be happier with the gun, it was all that was advertised. Dave and his people are first class and I recommend them fully. I hope this helps in your boss's decision.

I owned one briefly. Mine came with one grip screw cross-threaded from the factory. From my research, it appears this cross-threaded phenomenon is more common among the aluminium framed CZ's. The rubber grips usually has holes that are not properly aligned with the grip screw hole in the frame. Also the hole in the rubber grip is undersized and tends to grip the screw as it is inserted, making it difficult to feel when you are engaging the threads.

Although I really like the feel of the P-01, I've decided to stay away from it again because of the above reason. Maybe the P-07 or steel CZ 75 compact would be another possibility.

I owned one briefly. Mine came with one grip screw cross-threaded from the factory. From my research, it appears this cross-threaded phenomenon is more common among the aluminium framed CZ's. The rubber grips usually has holes that are not properly aligned with the grip screw hole in the frame. Also the hole in the rubber grip is undersized and tends to grip the screw as it is inserted, making it difficult to feel when you are engaging the threads.

Although I really like the feel of the P-01, I've decided to stay away from it again because of the above reason. Maybe the P-07 or steel CZ 75 compact would be another possibility.

Well there are two things you can do in that situation.

1. Helicoil the grip screw hole.

2. If grip screw hole is fine, you can widen the holes in the grips to make it easier to reinstall.

I've been thinking about picking one up for a new carry gun also. Makes sense seeing Ive been shooting my shadow so much lately to carry something with the same manual of arms. Have tossed around the idea of a p07 and 75 compact as well.

The P01 is a great gun. It feels great in the hand, and it hits where you point (assuming you have mastered the basics of a sound grip).

My personal feeling is if a weapon is for personal defense, don't skimp on a little money. That being said Cajun Gun Works offers two versions of this gun. A defensive carry package upgrade and a pro package upgrade. After a call to Cajun Gun Work and a pleasant conversation with Dave I chose the pro package. I could not be happier with the gun, it was all that was advertised. Dave and his people are first class and I recommend them fully. I hope this helps in your boss's decision.

+1/

My CGW Pro-package P75D (same as a P01) is my CC using a Crossbreed IWB- horse.

Edited by amada8

Not exactly an answer to your question, but I have a CZ SDP from CZC. It's built on the P01 frame. I have never shot a stock P01, but man is this one nice. Way too expensive for just a truck gun though.

My P-01 shot the best group yesterday of the three guns I was shooting bench rest - P-07, SP-01 and P-01. A less than 1" row (horizontal) of five rounds at 15 yards - all holes connecting/overlapping. I was impressed. Moved it up in the CCW rotation.

Edited by rhart123