mbx magazines

fitz

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I purchased 4 of these mags in .40 cal. and as advertised they would all easily hold 21 and 3 would hold 21 reloadable, and they were not hard to seat you just needed to be firm with them. I ran them for several hundred rounds in practice with no problems. The second match I shot with them I started having issues with rounds nose diving into the ramp. I tried running them again in practice and the problem showed up again. I emailed Adrian and got a response back that night. He told me to send them back and he would check them out. I sent them in and had them back in 1 week.

After getting them back I only have one that will hold 21 and I don't think I can get it in the gun without a hammer. The springs and followers have been replaced with something different than I had previously. I will say I am disappointed about not getting the 21st round but if they function reliably I will not be to upset.

As far as service after the sale Adrian has treated me as well as one could hope for.

... Seems he does not like responding to people and he has even removed his contact info from the website.

How are you making this claim? I just went to his website and his email address is there. You should double check your facts before making harsh accusations. For the record, he has responded to me every time and I'm a nobody, not sponsored, and no relation except being a regular customer.

Yea, it has been down. I have sent two emails. No response as of yet. The website has two places to click for contact. One goes to his email the other goes to the 404 page. Thank you.

Edited by a matt

My MBX mags crapped out at A6 this weekend. Salt shakers. The were being universally cussed all around the range. Many were also commenting on the compile lack of response from MBX. I went back to my SVs after the third stage when the went shaker.

I think it is pretty simple. The tubes and base pads are legit. The followers are questionable and the springs are junk. I am gonna put grams guts in mine and use them for practice mags.

Shady, How has this new set up worked for you since A6?

Then he put it back up, read through the threads here and other places, he has taken it down when the heat was on.

Not harsh either, just the facts.

A 404 error doesn't mean he took it down, it means it cant find the page. That is harsh to say he took it down intentionally without knowing if he did. The truth is the contact page could not be found so what you said is harsh.

No, what is harsh is when you buy a 160.00 magazine and it does not work. Then you have to buy springs and followers to have them work. I have 8 MBX springs and 4 followers that are taking up space now in my drawer. It also was not an error, contact info was not there.

I sent emails last month around 20th, still nada. After I got the email from YOU here, cause it WAS down... I still have no idea. But I'll tell you this TTi hooked me up with one email. Has anyone got a response?

Edited by a matt

I like his mags, but I just would like them more if I were able to shoot a match with them. If we can't trust our equipment would you be driving to 9 1/2 hours to Mississippi and use them in the Classic Sat? I don't think so..

Edited by a matt

I have a 170mm in 9mm. Reloads 29 rounds fine 30 with a open bolt. Had to adjust angle of follower a little. No failure to feed at all after 1200+ rounds. It does not need to be cleaned very often, unlike the STI. Good mags.

I sent emails last month around 20th, still nada. After I got the email from YOU here, cause it WAS down... I still have no idea. But I'll tell you this TTi hooked me up with one email. Has anyone got a response?

Brother, I sent it to you since I had it handy and was trying to help out. However, right after I PM'ed you, I checked his website and the main contact link worked for me. I am just as pissed as everyone else who purchased mags that don't work but I just want to keep things fair to Adrian. He has responded to me and many others promptly and has taken care to ensure he fixes the problem. $h!t happens so this is just one of those things. So far, mine are working great on the new springs/followers.

Seems like a very generous offer from Taran to send springs and followers to those having problems. What can I say? Certified ladies man, does an excellent arnie impersonation and now kindly helping enos members with mag issues.

I vote Taran for public office! Mags for everyone!

Sorry to hear you guys are having problems. Can we confirm that our springs and follower fix the problem?

I sent the MBX guy several emails and pictures( 4/27, 4/28) trying to resolve the issues with the crap springs he shipped as both spring I received have the same issues:

Springs show distortion in the following areas:

· Middle of the spring exhibits a slight twist

· Follower is canted to the right on the forward point

· Follower is rolled over to the left

on 5/6/2015 I was told the spring is what he has used for 5 years to tune mags and is GTG the distortion is "looks about normal for a set spring in length and shape" ...

I pulled a TTI spring and follower form one of my first gen SVI 170's and that resolved the issues. The Tubes and base pad are GTG and don't require a spacer with 9MM, put TTI internals in and it is the 2nd best option behind 1st gen SVI mag tubes.

Out

2011BLDR