Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not mentioned in our video was that STI has a full custom shop working now so these are not strictly "production" pieces. Also the internals will be available on the other guns and items like the slide racker will be probably an option on the other Open guns. The video is really just a short snippet of all the conversations I had with STI over the week and suffice it to say I left very impressed. They have taken a big step up with these guns. I expect them to be very popular.

The video was good and I know the shorty thing was a mistake, just thought it was funny. It clearly is a full length gun.

So, was he correct that it is a trubore type barrel?

I saw these at SHOT on Friday, and my impressions were very positive. The finish looked great, fit was just ok, but the triggers were the best on any stock STI I have ever felt. Better even than on some of the custom guns I own.

I was thinking of getting a cz custom cts to start shooting limited with but man what a awesome looking gun. My only problem is with there customer service. I won a STI 5" classic bald slide last year at the Ohio match and even after several emails and phone calls, (which they keep saying "sorry, we will send it out and you should expect it within 30days") I still haven't gotten it 9 months later!!! I don't think they have any plans on giving me the slide. Pretty sucky. I was pumped to win that thing and start putting pieces together for a limited gun.

Dustin,

Are the slides hand fitted or are they belt sanded?

Are you asking about slide to frame fit? We use a CNC machine to get tolerance close and then hand fit the slide to frame.

I bought an edge 2yrs ago and the slide to frame fit was very sloppy! The gun rattles. I hope they do good with these models

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

I was thinking of getting a cz custom cts to start shooting limited with but man what a awesome looking gun. My only problem is with there customer service. I won a STI 5" classic bald slide last year at the Ohio match and even after several emails and phone calls, (which they keep saying "sorry, we will send it out and you should expect it within 30days") I still haven't gotten it 9 months later!!! I don't think they have any plans on giving me the slide. Pretty sucky. I was pumped to win that thing and start putting pieces together for a limited gun.

PM me your info and I will look into it.

Thanks

Dustin

Edited by Dustint21

Dustin,

Are you asking about slide to frame fit? We use a CNC machine to get tolerance close and then hand fit the slide to frame.

I bought an edge 2yrs ago and the slide to frame fit was very sloppy! The gun rattles. I hope they do good with these models

I got a Trubor last year and the fit was perfect. Now with about 5000 rounds through it it is just barely loosened up a bit. Fit and finish are as good as you'd want with an open gun.

Dustin,

I got a Trubor last year and the fit was perfect. Now with about 5000 rounds through it it is just barely loosened up a bit. Fit and finish are as good as you'd want with an open gun.

Quality ain't the same some are good some are bad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PM me your info and I will look into it.

Thanks

Dustin

PM sent